Who Sells Vigilante Convertors

I was reccomended by Precision the 9.5 3200 Lock/Up single Disc converter years ago.I have heard for just using my car mainly on the street the 3200 Vigilante would be a bit to much converter for my TE-44 Turbo. I would like a converter that gives it more pep(spools alot faster) then my 3000 Modified D5, but i don't want it to take away the top end either.Is this going to be a good choice for a car used mainly on the street and maybe a very rare occasional trip to the track :confused:

That's the one I've been using, and couldn't be happier. My shift kit was slamming gears regardless of throttle input, and the Vigilante makes it shift like a Cadillac at part throttle. Get into it, and the shifts are rock solid/on the money. Great spool with my TA-49, and easy to stage/launch. You won't be disappointed. I bought mine direct, and it took a couple weeks for them to build it. ;)

The 3200 9.5 single disc L/U converter is priced at $729 by Precision.It looks like a modification that is well worth it.I just need the money to buy it. :rolleyes:

Any of you guys have problems running one of these, as is in " the converter causing your main thrust bearing going bye bye"? :rolleyes:

Silver 'T' Top said:
Any of you guys have problems running one of these, as is in " the converter causing your main thrust bearing going bye bye"? :rolleyes:

I've ran a Vigilanti converter for over 6 six years without a problem. I had it restalled and now using in the built motor in my sig. Just went 10.87 last weekend on some shakedown runs.

I've read your post on your thrust bearing wiping out so I know where you are going with this post and I would not go there if I were you. There's been way too many people running this converter over the years. It's possible that you did get a bad converter. But from what I read in your other post sounds like somebody didn't machine the caps right. I would look at the engine builder before I looked anywhere else. BTW, who was it that done the work? Sorry to sound like an a$$ and I'm also sorry to hear of your bad luck. Good luck getting everything straight :)

Realspool said:
The 3200 9.5 single disc L/U converter is priced at $729 by Precision.It looks like a modification that is well worth it.I just need the money to buy it. :rolleyes:

As mentioned above, screw buying it from PI. Buy it from Mike at fullthrottle. He's a much nicer person than Jack at PI, and the more we support great people like Mike, the longer they'll be around!

I have never bought a after market torque converter before because most of my cars I have owned had manual transmissions.I know Vigilante's help the car launch and also helps in spooloing the turbo.I was wondering if the 3200 9.5 single disc L/U would affect gas mileage in a negative way??I have a 3000 D5 in my car now.Is there much difference between the 2??Not that I would care as long as it was one hell of a converter and helped spooling the Turbo. :cool:

I have a PTE51 with stock heads and the 9.5" single disk 0 pump Vigilante in my GN and it spools quicker than the stocker.

Not sure why you need 3200 stall to spool a 44 turbo.

I would think your existing converter may have issues or something else to be a problem since most folks spool a 44 just fine with the stock converter.

0 pump should work fine 3000 stall for the 44, with or without ported heads.

Just my .02. :)

Bought it from Mike L. on sale when he was with Modern Musclecar, I'd recommend him at Full Throttle for the purchase as well.

salvageV6 said:
I have a PTE51 with stock heads and the 9.5" single disk 0 pump Vigilante in my GN and it spools quicker than the stocker.

Not sure why you need 3200 stall to spool a 44 turbo.

I would think your existing converter may have issues or something else to be a problem since most folks spool a 44 just fine with the stock converter.

It spools ok with the 3000 modified D5 just not quick enough for me.I have to powerbrake it to get good throttle response.Also it does not spool as quick as a stock GN . I do however have a Racegate near the middle of my crosspipe from when i had a 60-1 turbo and i have heard many guys tell me that i should get the Terry houston down pipe(getting rid of my Racegate) which will help my 44 spool faster.I also may go to a Te-60 Turbo down the road because the heads are ported. :cool: