Who repairs ATR 3" Down Pipes?

1 get it free
2 drill out the weld where the actuator hooks on.
3 slide out the swing valve
4 measure the diameter on the rod on the swing valve
5 ream out the hole with a reamer or drill it if you have to.i believe when i fixed the one that broke on me i made the hole .020 biggeer than the diameter of the shaft.
6 get the puck flush with flange and reweld the part that the actuator hooks on to.

i had to do this 1 1/2 years ago to another atr downpipe that kept getting stuck and eventually where the actuator hooked up to broke off. then i had to remake a bunch on parts.i am a machnist so there was turning and milling involved.basically a lathe and bridgeport were needed.

fix it now before you end up with bigger headaches like i did.

I have a ATR 3" DP that the shaft keeps seizing up.:frown:

My 3" ATR downpipe was always seizing up on me, I called RJC and ordered their "stainless steel" puck assembly. Just cut the old assembly off and install the new assembly, I had a friend of mine who welds stainless put a bead on the swing arm, all is great now! no more sticking of the puck.

I repaired it once,drilled out the weld,polished shalf,reamed hole, welded it back .It has worked for about a year, now it is sticking again. Thanks

You need to replace the guide that the valve assembly runs through.

Id use a bronze guide. My cylinder head guru has repaired several of them for me and thats how he did it.

if he can carefully get it apart why can't he open up the brass/bronze once that is already in there? the one that i fixed was brass/bronze but i believe the clearance was just to tight?

just drill / ream out your brass/bronze part and reweld?

Took it apart, the hole thing was in bad shape, Orded a new kit from RJC .

When the new "stainless" assembly arrives install it in the downpipe, line up the lever to the correct position with the wastegate puck, put two beads of stainless on it and your good to go.:)