Who Makes the Best ALKY Kit?

njbadboy

87 Sick Ass GN
I am thinking of adding an ALKY kit to my car this spring and any sugestions to who sells the best, most reliable, and easy to install kit? Thanks guys.:cool:

PS ANy one using this kit?

Johns Performace.com

thats Julio's (Razor) kit ... Alkycontrol I think it's a pretty good kit and his service is second to none !! .. we went 10.10 @ 132 with it in a street GN :eek: :p

I will cut everybody else the slack of telling him but honestly the best thing to do is use the search tool. I dont like telling people that but honestly this topic has been beat to death and you will find all of the information you need by using the search tool. Sorry for not just simply answering your question but once again you will see what I mean once you type in your exact question into the search tool bar.

Thanks,

ALKY CONTROL! This is actually the wrong forum for this but if you want a tried and true proven system then go with Razor's kit. He has done all the work so you do not have to. Hands down it is the best money that you will spend on performance upgrades. If you look at the best track times of people running alky you will see one common demoninator real quick.

The newer SMC kits are really good. Ive seen alky control and it's really nice. The old SMC kits are junk compared to the newer ones. I have one and its constantly falling apart...because its old.

ALKY CONTROL, hands down the best kit period. You will also get 1st class customer service.

GNsnake

Snow performance also makes one, which is VERY good. They have a MAF based controller. It takes a MAF voltage reading and dumps the appropriate amount of alky. I think Alky Control has the same sort of setup, or similar. Just dont fall for the water injection kits. They throw out alot of bad science to support thier claims, but its all horsepucky.

Snow performance also makes one, which is VERY good. They have a MAF based controller. It takes a MAF voltage reading and dumps the appropriate amount of alky. I think Alky Control has the same sort of setup, or similar. Just dont fall for the water injection kits. They throw out alot of bad science to support thier claims, but its all horsepucky.

watch their new pumps :cool:

watch their new pumps :cool:

From what Ive seen, they look like the same ones alky control uses.
By the way, Alky is really only useful for adding timing. The cooling effect and naturally high octane of methanol and alky, allow you to raise the timing and make alot more power without knock...if you tune it right. So get a chip that allows you to add timing.

From what Ive seen, they look like the same ones alky control uses.
By the way, Alky is really only useful for adding timing. The cooling effect and naturally high octane of methanol and alky, allow you to raise the timing and make alot more power without knock...
Razor disassembles the pumps and puts different inards in them, so they are not the same pumps even if they look the same on the outside.
Raise timing ...no way, run low timing and tons of boost to make power with alky. Read the alky tuning forums carefully before trying to tune your new alky system. Alky does not like alot of timing, and its been proven thousands of times that boost makes more power than timing.

Razor disassembles the pumps and puts different inards in them, so they are not the same pumps even if they look the same on the outside.
Raise timing ...no way, run low timing and tons of boost to make power with alky. Read the alky tuning forums carefully before trying to tune your new alky system. Alky does not like alot of timing, and its been proven thousands of times that boost makes more power than timing.

If your not upping your timing your missing out..Ive run 26 degrees of timing in all gears with 30 pounds of boost to boot. All done with Alky control with minimal KR..If you run low timing with a ton of boost your EGT's will be through the roof. Careful what you read..

pumps

our pumps are not the same as others. They are the same brand , but are Not the same specs or abilities. We build the pump for our kit. Do a search feature or go to the alky section.

Your timing is going to depend greatly on what head work has been done, I'm assuming none since the original poster has no sig. Vader has ported heads which was left out of the equation.

What do ported heads have to do with it? If you alter the shape of the chamber to produce a slower burn, then you can run more timing. But my chambers havent been altered in shape. Maybe polished, but thats not changing the shape. Ported heads will fill the cylinders more, producing more dynamic compression, which forces you to reduce timing. But add alky and you can get your timing back. The whole point of alky is to add more timing. The burn rate is reduced with alky. High boost/low timing can make stronger mid to top numbers, but lower boost/high timing can increase the average number across the curve, producing a faster car. Ive run 23psi with 27 degrees timing with no problems. The late model stangs...you cant really run more than 14 degrees total timing with boost on pump gas. With 11.5psi, 14 degrees was the max on my cobra. Its because of the higher compression and the fast burn chambers. You add alky to these cars, and you can run over 20 degrees and add almost 100hp at the wheels, without adding ANY boost. And the entire curve will be raised substantially.
You can add more boost, stick to the same timing, and benefit from alky. You can add no more boost, but add timing, and benefit from alky.