who makes the best aj. fuel pressure reg.?

canukhemi

who makes the best ajustable fuel pressure regulator and fuel gauge? does Aeromotive make anything? i've seen the Accufab and the Kirban's.. please give input and pics? :confused: :tongue: :tongue:

Been 100% satisfied with the one from Kirban. Easy to work with, quality materials, looks nice under the hood.

2396361_20.gif

The way I understand it, the Accufab has larger inlet/outlets than the Kirban and many other run of the mill aftermarket units. Probably doesn't matter in most circumstances, but thought I'd mention it.

I have the Accufab and it works fine. Can't say any better or worse though than my old 233 with billet top.

-Banning.

Another vote for Accufab here. I have been running the all black Accufab for two years with no problems.

I have a Accufab it's pretty old came off Herbies old hot air! :eek: When I took the car apart over the winter to powder coat everything it leaked around the security screws around the top a little. I tightened them down and seems fine. Funny part is turned purple over the years!

3-4-06-02.jpg

Accufab one car's had one for 11 years one for 4 years.

Daily use in all types of weather, one part on the car that still looks new. :)

Holley makes one as well. I've had mine for several years with no problem. The one I have looks stock but I think they may have changed the design on them since I got this one.

Why do you need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

For moderate performance, a Bosch 237 will provide about 45 PSI....Coupled with a modern chip, that is all you need.

A modern chip (with fuel programming capability) will change the fuel available for tuning more than 20 times as much as varying the fuel pressure ever did.

That makes one less thing to worry about. Time was, we were all trying to get more out of stock injectors, then 30 pounders, then 36 pounders, 38, 42, etc., etc.. Today, we have injectors that flow 50, 60 pounds per hour and up (using the stock ECM & 45 PSI). In my view, The need for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is not so big nowadays. :)

My last tuning experience was simple because of the outstanding programming done by the chip maker....I set the fuel pressure ONCE and never changed it. All other fuel adjustments could be made via the chip. I say 'could' because no adjustment was necessary at all. It was plug and play ( with Alchy, of course) ;)

Good point, Lee. For those of us with old chips, the adjustment is useful. But for the TT, or the Extender, or the other adjustable chips, it's one more thing that can go FUBAR. There may be a point at which the Bosch runs out of capacity, though. But that's probably about the same time the stock fuel lines get too small.