Who makes the best aftermarket motor mounts?

ttypewhite

As the ad says. I am looking to replace my stock ones. But I don't want any solid mounts. I don't want to ruin the car with engine vibration running through the car. Must maintain factory height of engine.

The HRs are poly, and come it two hardnesses. May or may not change vibration in the car, depends on who you talk to. The softer one should be good for street use. Some people put the HR mount on the drivers side, and use a stock type mount from Pioneer, or other vendor, on the passenger side. That stops the engine from moving around, with less chance of noticeable vibration. As far as engine height goes, I think they sag as they get old, so even if you use OEM mounts, when you replace old mounts, the engine can be higher.

I was talking to a buddy that has these HR mounts on his car and he did not like the vibration he got from running 2 of them. This is more of a street car then a track car. Goes to the track 2 to 3 times a year and gets driven daily in the summer time. I would like to hear from guys who have these in their street cars. I know they keep the engine tied down real good, and you can throw away the torque strap, but I don't want to lose any comforts of daily driving with anything other than stock. Sorry guys, but i am extremely picky when I buy things for my baby.:biggrin:

I have 2 HR mounts in my car & the vibration is no worse than stock mounts with the tie down strap. 100% perfect for a steet car.

My Pleasure. I would not hesitate to put them on these cars & it sure beats having all the Home Depot hardware holding down the engine.

As noted in a couple of posts, the HRPartsNStuff mounts are available with, at least, a couple of hardness bushings. I have the first generation mounts on both sides when they only came one way. It looks like those are the hardest bushings now. Yes, the vibrations from the passenger compartment are quite noticeable. I don't mind it too much but it can get tiresome on a long haul.

One of the posts stated that they are fine like the original rubber bushing mounts. I would have to ASSUME that those are the ones with the softest bushings available. The HRPartsNStuff catalog and/or web site provides some recommendations. Either way, they are quality parts.

I have the HR's and I love them. Maybe mine are the softer ones but there's hardly any vibration. For what it's worth I did the the both the engine and the tranny with HR stuff and did the body bushings in poly as well.

I got both HR mounts in the softer version. No problem with vibrations on the street.

There are also 2 versions. Standard, and STG2. The latter is clearanced for stage blocks, but fit the stock block. These are the ones I put on this summer, and there is not one bit of difference from stock as far as vibration is concerned. Don't know if this applies to all HR mounts, but the ones I installed also allow for rocking the motor to clearence the down pipe as needed. Luv'em. Now when I hit the gas, the car rocks instead of the motor. Give Jack Cotton a call! Brian

I put the HR poly mounts on both sides to get the engine up and away from the upper control arms (pass. side Hochkis tubular bushing was melting and there was no room for any kind of heat shield). So it lifted the engine up and off the control arm which is great, but, now the car vibrates between 70-80 mph. I took the car in to the dealer and they spent a considerable amount of time aligning the front-end, checking run-out of the wheels and re-balancing the wheels/tires.........nope, still there and it was not there before the MMount install. I consider it a part of driving a fast car. I have the first generation poly mounts, maybe the newer ones are softer.
Mike
86 GN

I have one of the first sets. I have no experience with the softer ones, but I say go for it. I can feel some vibration from mine. No way near enough to bother me, but it is there. I bet the new ones have addressed the problem. Beautiful pieces. Everything I have seen from HNR is very nice. Just recieved my new upper rear control arms and they look great. Just need to get them in the car.. :biggrin: