Who insures your buick?

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
Hi all, first post here. I've been VERY seriously considering buying a TR (former mopar lover), and the only thing stopping me is the insurance issue. Book values on these cars are lower than they should be, and if i get one i need an agreed upon value so i don't get screwed if anything happens to it. The catch: I'm only 20, so I don't think Grundy or Hagerty will insure me. My present company (Allied) says they can't do stated value on a car this old. Who should I call?

Thanks for any help.

bob

Kemper, not agreed upon anything. Just went up $200/yr.

They suck like all insurance companies.

But at least I can drive either car anytime anyplace for my $2200/yr. :rolleyes:

USAA

Although I'm looking for some collector car insurance as well...:)

I just got a quote of $385 per/ year for $25,000 coverage w/no deductable C/C for a 87 GN

And I bet they don't want you to drive it. ;)

Or park it out in the open. :eek:

Or leave it alone in a Walmart parking lot. :D

Good price though. :cool:

Gotta look into AAA insurance I think it's Progressive. Gots to be something cheaper out there.

Progressive insurance???

Effnwqkwe4,
I'm thinking of transfering all my vehicles with Progressive (except the TTA, I have Great American Insurance w/ agreed value). Have you ever had to file a claim with them? If so did you have to pull teeth to get it resolved? I'm with State Farm right now. Thanks, Nicholas........

I saw them talking about this insurance (Grundy) on my classic car and they said there was no mileage restrictions, they did say it shouldnt be used to drive to and from work, and should be stored indoors.

TTA- My wife and I both have our cars on my policy. I have never had to make a claim on my Buick, but we've had several on her Saturn. All of them absolutely NO headache whatsoever. Nice people to deal with. The last time we had a claim, we called it in to the 1-800 number, told them what happened, then drove the car home ( it only had a broken passenger window and side mirror--whole nother story there--). We decided to not let the car ruin our day off, so we took off in my car to head for Ocean City for the day. 3 hrs later, we're creeping down coastal hwy, and her cell phone rings. It's the progressive agent, at our apartment complex, assessing the damage to Erin's car! I was shocked that they sent someone out so quickly. We told the agent that we decided to go to the beach for the day, and would be gone all day long. She replied," NO problem, I'll just leave you a copy of my assessment along with a check under the windshield wiper blade of the car." Sure enough, we got home and there's the check and paperwork waiting for us. With the two of us on my policy, (I'm 30 and she's 26) we still have a very good rate. This is with a couple of fender benders on her record, and 2 street racing tickets on mine(from back in the day). I believe we're paying in the neighborhood of $300 a month total for BOTH cars. I would highly recommend Progressive to anyone. HTH:D