FS: 98 Buick Riviera - 63k mi

jasonlachapelle

To Hold on High
I know this type of car isn't this crowd`s cup of tea, but I'm trying to sell my Riviera. It's a great car, but it sees little use. I've owned it since 2005. I've put 60k km on it since I bought it in 2005. I stored it every winter except 2012, and it's spent about 2 years in storage on top of that during that time. I've had it rustproofed every year from 05 to 2012, even though I don't drive it in the winter. This car has no rust.

Emerald green pearl on light autumn green leather. 101000 km (about 63000 miles). Bought it from an 83 y/o man who lost his licence after a stroke. Added some mods.

Just got back from a deployment, and it looks like that might be in the cards again later this year. Due to an illness in the family I no longer have time to take care of 5 cars, so we are selling off a few.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

MODS:
-3.4" supercharger pulley
-VS camshaft
-Home made 4" Cold air intake with 9" k&n filter (have original airbox)
-SLP knock-off headers
-Ported gen 3 M90 blower casing
-Addco swaybars
-autolite 104 spark plugs (2 ranges colder)
-304 SS Corsa exhaust
-180 deg. thermostat
-Auxiliary Trans cooler
-Seville STS strut tower brace
-Larger supercharger tensionner pulley
-F-body front brakes

When I did the cam, I made sure to do all the wear items (pulleys, all gaskets including Al LIM gasket, timing chain and tensionner, etc) so you should be good basically for ever.

Just did the plugs and wires. Rear pads, calipers and discs are less than a year old. The battery and windshield are from 2012 IIRC. I've been doing my own oil changes with german Castrol 0W-30 and AC Delco PF52C filters (still using the good ones that I have stashed away) since 2005.

DHP powrtuner available with the car, as well as a pulley puller.

Car is easy to re-import back to the USA as it originally was built in the USA. No duty, no hassle.

The only bad thing: It has a scratch the length of a hand on the front of the hood. The car got vandalized a while back, but the scratch only damaged the clearcoat. A car bra would hide it, but that's not a really good look either.

This is my last try to sell the car. Hopefully one of the US members can take advantage of the weak CDN and get the car at a good deal. I am very seriously considering using the provincial "scrap-it" programme (similar to cash for clunkers) if it doesn't sell.

$ 4500 US

PM me for my phone number. Located on Vancouver Island, BC.

DSC00635_zps0634229c.jpg

DSC00617_zpse0fa8df5.jpg

DSC00897_zpse76bf3f3.jpg

DSC00898_zpsfa3fd3ef.jpg

DSC00899_zps114abd76.jpg

IMG_0675_zps11ccf9e3.jpg

Fairly low wear on DS seat, in line with mileage. I put leather conditioner on twice a year every year.
DSC00698_zpsf8a3879d.jpg

F-body Caliper
IMG_0679_zps3681ef09.jpg

Steering wheel has barely any wear

The bad:
scratch on clear coat;
short missing segment of pin-stripe on DS fender
typical hazy cornering lenses. I had polished them with headlight restorer and they looked good for maybe a year before turning hazy again.
IMG_0671_zps20e828aa.jpg

Bump...This would make a good DD/rainy season car for someone. Can work with PNW members to help with transport/customs.

AC blows cold.