Who else has one of these ?

6SENSE

Who has one of the V1 open plenum hotair intakes from Turbomotion?
What kind of success with it (do you like it)?
What kind of numbers have you guys been able to achieve with it?

Just curious and want something to compare to while I try to get this combo to act right.

Hey, whats up man. You gonna have to change that "Lone Hot Air". There are at least two of us.

I was thinking about heading to the track this wednesday. I finally got the rest of the parts for the firebird. So if I break the buick I'll have all winter to fix it.;)

Hit me up and let me know if your interested in meeting up.

I've got one too!

I believe I have the first prototype. Its the one Chris Wilson used. Has a spray bar milled into it for alcohol. Motor is going in my '70 datsun 510. Definitely keep me in the loop of your progress with the intake as I am sure I will have many questions once I get my project finished and running.

Marvin

www.speedjunkie.org <--currently being redone but should have pics of intake.

Okay I reset my title, I guess thats a good thing, knowing that there is another serious hotair guy around!
I'll get in touch with you before Wednesday. Going to need to go fairly early though, last week was rediculous! I was there for nearly 6 hours and had only 2 runs! The last two times I have gone to test&tune have been a waste and kind of pissed me off. It would be one thing if I was just going because I have nothing else to do, but I am actually trying to tune this thing. Im trying my best to do this at the track and not out on the streets where I know I will get in trouble.

Anyway, Blasian. Im hoping that some others out there will chime in with there experiences with the intake. I have had this intake for a couple years now. It has been on my engine since I put the car together (almost 25,000 miles ago, and I dont drive the car regularly). I never had the luxury of having this car running with the motor in stock condition so I have had the fun :mad: of trying to tune everything all at once. Its nice to put all the goodies on when your putting together a normally aspirated car, but apparently not a TR :( .
I was looking for alot more topend with this intake then I have been able to achieve so far.

I know they sold more than two of these things, right? Anyone?

Best time is 14.2 @ 96.
Thought that I would be low 13s and fighting to get into 12s. Instead I am fighting to keep down in low 14s (last week both runs were 14.7, one @94, the other @91.7) and 13s seems like climbing a mountain, a big one.

the time in my post was done on the v-1 intake which I should of stuck with rather then go to the v-3 he did afterwards. Disappointing is all I will say. I think it ran very well with the v-1 set up and have went back to just a stocker ported. I should have track results soon, since I have been held up on my tranny combo.

Turbo 6x2,

You ran a 11.8 with the v1? What was your combo at the time? Did you guys have any problems with idle or anything while running these intakes?

might seem confusing no, the first time is with our 87 the second time a 12.81 was with the 85 with the v-1 intake. I have a list I will post very soon. Especially if this weekend has good times to post.

turbo6x2, care to share your combo with that v1 intake? I may be chasing down another problem that is holding me back (cam maybe, not sure) but that 12.8 is more of what I expected to achieve (low 13s, high 12s) with my combo (see sig).

Sure, no problem, Have bigger valves port and polished 87 heads, Pistons are TRW with je pins 30 over, Atr headers and exhaust stainless with 2 1/2 inch opening, 206/206 weber cam, motor redone by weber racing in Ohio, John Craig precision turbo and engine turbo set up supposed to be about a 63 in stock housing. The tranny is a track set up br with a 3600 lock up yanks converter in it. I have a dual fan set up and radiator from b-cool lost the shroud around the radiator, run a red armstrong 108 chip with 110 racing fuel with the 86/87 ecm conversion, have posi in it. Boxed in control arms and s-10 brake set up- run 28 /11.5 Mikey thompson sportsman pros, run a 3.42 gear in rear- use scan tool. ran this on a day about 65 out. It also had the v-1 in the car at the time, wish I would of just stayed with this one the v-3 was not my friend. Now have a ported stock one on there let you know how it does.