Who builds the better TH200-4R?

Dave Husek kicks but, known him for a longtime. STAY the HELL AWAY from Freddie Brown Transmissions!!! (FB Trans)

PTS Xtreme and I , Bruce Toelle are still around just not as active as before my heart surgery. I just go and work everyday till tired then quit. I am not out to make millions just stay alive and happy and enjoying my wife and college bound daughter more and daily, and you know what? I am happy. I guess that is what matters but I am here to help anybody at anytime. :) If I can help call me at 916-739-0510 AND LEAVE ME A MESSAGE WITH PHONE # !!! or call 916-952-9567 anytime.

Good luck and sorry to hear of your guys horror stories. That always bothered me, another reason I pulled back. Everybody seems to know it all. Sure wish I did !!!! LMAO
Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

I try my best to do the best I can.These jobs were a few years back and it always comes back to haunt you.Idid sell Jimmy and his brother transmissions 5 years ago and accept the blame for the clutch lining failures or whatever reason there failures were.I NEVER sold a trans to Jason Bertram.I freshened a trans for Jim @ Poston enterprises that was a faulty PAE unit that he had issues with 5 years ago.These topics were already covered here.Many of us have fought defective clutch and band lining failures due to faulty Alto product line and have had to get clubbed over it.Poston,PAE,and PTS have faded away,Im still here and going strong.We have a near perfect rate on everything we have sent out over the last 4 years.I have sold close to 400 of the 2004r units in the last 4 years and have had close to perfect success rate on everything we have shipped.I dont take breaks,I constantly refine the product.It is the best it has ever been and I have no apprehensions about making that claim.I have been inside of transmissions from every well known builder on this site and elsewhere and dont post the good the bad and the ugly,just as they dont do it to me if they dont like what I did.Its a mutual respect,some have it and some dont.

[quote="chris718, post: 2993624, member: 8209".] I NEVER sold a trans to Jason Bertram.I freshened a trans for Jim @ Poston enterprises that was a faulty PAE unit that he had issues with 5 years ago..[/quote]

Yeah thats me...The guy you NEVER sold a trans to....But you sure as hell sold one to Postons tho didnt ya and I bought it through them.

I would let it go but I dont forget a 1800 dollar ass puncture.

Your full of s&$@ and still saying that same song and dance.

Now your Blaming alto frictions for all your failures.

You see its not just me.......the transmissions that you sold to the guys around the MS, Tx...southern area of the country...... well guess what when they were dying left and right.. ...Guess who was getting the phone calls and PM's wondering who to get there trans built "Cause they were getting the same BS lip"...dude get over yourself......your to proud.

FWIW....You didnt freshen a trans.....this was a stage 1 build that they had in their catalog.

Jim had sold the company (Poston) to Mark by then and wasnt even in the picture.....I ordered a trans right there in Postons in Atmore, filled out the spec sheet etc etc.

Dont know what the or who the F.......PAE or whoever had to do with it.......thats a distraction tactic or whatever on your part. Your mistaken.

I drove to Postons all the time to get parts and knew Mark and the crew very well so lets not BS bud.

The trans was dropped shipped from your shop with CK right on the invoice and didnt have a lock up harness in it, electrical connector was broke, no psi switches..... never worked right from the beginning wouldnt shift right and burnt up in short order.

Heard the phone calls and listened to the frustration of theirs with your 2004r's burning up and you dragging azz and running your mouth (just like now) trying to slick talk your way out of it.

Lets mention the thousands you owed them for these losses and your BS and they stopped selling 2004r's because they had so much heartache with your builds failing. They had to sell your shift kits, trans parts, etc to get the money back out of you.

Ever wonder why the Postons catalogs didnt have a complete 2004r in it anymore after they had them in there for a few years......HMMMM?

Cant BS me buddy I know how it went down.

.Poston,PAE,and PTS have faded away,Im still here and going strong..

HEY NOW..... I didn't fade away due to quality or business dealings as I try to make all happy (big part of my problem) but I had friggin HEART FAILURE!!!!! What did you want me to do, die? LMAO :) Hrmmm build 2004r trannies or die,,,,, well let's see..... I'll take the top side of the dirt thank you very much!!! LOL. See I can at least laugh at my misfortunes but I am still alive with my wife and precisious daughter. I am insulted (he he he) that I was lumped in with them. Sounds like I quit to avoid quality. Not the case. I backed up to LIVE!!!!! BIG FRIGGIN difference.
And for the record, you don't realize what you have till it is almost gone or gone all together so be careful with the tounge as you don't know what will come around the corner next. Health sure did rock my world and never saw it coming.
Life is something you need to value and it is a shame that we do not realize it till it's gone.
Just think about it... that's all.

Bruce
We4
PTS Xtreme

Not me for sure . . . . If it was easy everybody and their sister would be doing it .

One thing I can relate to is the heart thing . Trying to stay above ground since my heart attack in 1988 . Bypass surgery in 1992 . ICD in 2006 . Newer upgraded model last year ( battery got weak ) . Hand full of pills in AM and 1/2 handfull in PM .

Trying to stay laid back and appreciate life .

If I was laid back any further I would be comotose . :D

Bruce.I have no ill feelings toward you.It is obvious this post makes me look foolish and when you say you are sorry to hear of peoples horror stories and they are connected to me,and we are supposed to be friends it doesnt make the situation any better.A few years ago I responded to these guys when it came up and Im not going to post my side again.Inever owed Poston anything, for the record.I try to do the best I can.I have to deal with a lot of different people in order to do the volume I do and there are consequences.It is fortunate we have a real good crew here now.My business is top priority and I care about doing my customers right.

Lol...u tell em bruce....glad your still kicking. Ive got some PTS parts in one of my trans still. So your still out there ....ha

Well I just struggled for hours on my back getting a new Stage 1 build trans from CK and all of the torque converter cover holes have broken bolts in it.
Chris I'll give you a call on Monday. Don't know what to do. I do not want to take it out again....:mad:

LONNIE is the man i bought one of his big brute 200R and all i can say is it kicks ass. I can set the kick down cable to rattle your teeth or soften the shift but it is still firm. Lonnie stands behind his work. and has a great sense of humor.

Bruce.I have no ill feelings toward you.It is obvious this post makes me look foolish and when you say you are sorry to hear of peoples horror stories and they are connected to me,and we are supposed to be friends it doesnt make the situation any better..

Chris..... This is all I care to address and I want you to read this again.

"Good luck and sorry to hear of your guys horror stories. That always bothered me, another reason I pulled back. Everybody seems to know it all. Sure wish I did !!!! LMAO

Read it close my friend and think about what it says. I NEVER threw you under the bus, but was talking in a language about myself, I thought you of all people, would understand.

No ill intentions whatsoever my friend, I am Switzerland..........and I like it!!!!

The biggest thing I think is that I have a 40 hr a week job and go to work, do my job, come home with a ck and benifits as well. Doing it as a vocation now, instead of having to deal with it everyday to survive, is what they call ummmmmmm "priceless"?

Bruce
We4
PTS Xtreme

My 200 was built by DRW ( Donnie Wang) using Bruces HD parts, all I can say is EXCELLENT!
MY 400 was built by Lonnie (EA) and again all I can say is EXCELLENT ( and waranty beyond normal!)

Great to hear from you Bruce, glad your doing well, and still watering the daiseys, not pushing them up! LOL

Hi guys, new to the forum. I was planning on rebuilding a 200-4R for my Buick Century Wagon, and thought I'd venture a question. I've had no luck so far finding a good core for my build that's within a reasonable distance or shipping cost, and if I can't find one soon, I may consider buying a built unit from either Extreme Automatics, or California Performance Transmissions.

My question is, what is the general consensus between these two companies? I know CPT has a lot of exposure through Overhaulin', Car Craft, and Hot Rod... but a lot of people I've talked to on forums seem to swear by EA.
Now aren't you glad you asked ?!(ha,ha,...) Forgve the family fued-I've dealt w/both Lonnie and Chris. I have Lonnie's stage III, which has been great along w/his customer service. From Chris, I've purchased his rebuild kits and his excellant book on the th200-4r transmission. Definitely worth the price.

My 200 was built by DRW ( Donnie Wang) using Bruces HD parts, all I can say is EXCELLENT!

Great to hear from you Bruce, glad your doing well, and still watering the daiseys, not pushing them up! LOL

Exactly! My 200 was also built by DRW, using Bruce's HD/billet parts, way back in the 90's and it's still getting beat on and living strong!!