Who builds a good 2..R4??

70 gsconvt

Hi, I'm looking at putting a 200R4 in my 1970 GS 455 convertible. Car has around 500 HP and runs in the upper 11's.

I was wondering who makes a 200R4 that will stand up to my car and it's engine. I have a line on a BRF core to build on.

Has anyone used one of these Raptor/Reptoid tranny's? I have gotten a recommendation for Jannis Transmissions in Ohio. I'd like to have someone in Ohio do the work, but am willing to have something built and shipped.

I just don't want to have to be yanking the tranny every year to have it "freshened up". Car is mostly street driven and only goes to the track maybe twice a year for some fun. Car is heavy and weighs just over 4000 lbs, plus me. Currently have a pro-built TH400 with custom 9.5", 3200 stall converter.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Phil

i had dynotech in new jersey do mine and am all smiles.im sure though, any trans guy on this board will do you good. do a search.:D

Give Lonnie Diers a call. You can reach him at 937-379-2610. He is in the Cincy area.
Take care, Kip

Since your in Ohio

Vince Janis is at 330-753-6609 . He is in Akron

Lonnie Diers at Extreme Automatics. He is at 937-379-2610.located in Cincinnatti.

Either way, your in good hands.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

PTS

Or with PTS.Anyone thatd give you his "competitors" names and #so you could make the choice,you know hes a good guy to deal with.

That said,all use PTS(bruce aka WE4) or CK(Chris aka chris718) parts anyway.

Rock on Bruce and keep up the good work!!!:cool:

Thanks for the posts.

I live in Wadworth, OH which is 1/2 hour south of Cleveland.

I'll give these guys a call Monday.