Who Are The Ten Fastest Buicks In The Country?

maybe you could be the first to have a twin turbo Bulldog V8!!!

Does have a nice ring to it. Put eight #160's in there and about 25-30 # boost. That would give you a little tire shake. :D

The possibilities are practically endless.

John

Quick question...

Would a Buick-headed, SBC short-block count as "Buick-powered"? I really don't see why not, if an aftermarket Bulldog or TA block with equally-aftermarket top-end parts would most certainly be allowed. The pistons don't care either way...

We have about half of the parts we'd need for such a setup sitting on a shelf...I'd love to try it out for next year if we could make the time...

I know that in 2002 there were several SBC with Buick heads running in IHRA competition eliminator. Mostly in dragsters. They were listed as Buick power in the program.

This discussion has been thrashed around for several years at the various Buick meets. The concensus is no. That does not mean that rule is etched in stone. It will be up to the individual event rule maker.

Good luck.

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
I know that in 2002 there were several SBC with Buick heads running in IHRA competition eliminator. Mostly in dragsters. They were listed as Buick power in the program.

This discussion has been thrashed around for several years at the various Buick meets. The concensus is no. That does not mean that rule is etched in stone. It will be up to the individual event rule maker.
I figured as much. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if the GSCA wants to get more publicity and attendance at the Nats, you'd think it would make sense to try to field some solid 6-second cars. It might also bring some contingency sponsors in, as well.

Really, though...what resemblance does a Top-10 Buick equipped with a Bulldog block, Moldex crank, Stage 4 TA heads, Lenco, Ford 9", 25.xc tube chassis, and fiber body have to a real Buick? Maybe the bore center. That's about it.

I don't mean to soap-box the issue, but if I'm going to spend a mint on a drivetrain, for basically zero raceday payout, the parts are out there for 6-second Buick-headed power. And God forbid the Nat's crowd were to get their money's worth...

Just my opinion, nothing more.

Originally posted by QuickWrench
I figured as much. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if the GSCA wants to get more publicity and attendance at the Nats, you'd think it would make sense to try to field some solid 6-second cars. It might also bring some contingency sponsors in, as well.

Really, though...what resemblance does a Top-10 Buick equipped with a Bulldog block, Moldex crank, Stage 4 TA heads, Lenco, Ford 9", 25.xc tube chassis, and fiber body have to a real Buick? Maybe the bore center. That's about it.

I don't mean to soap-box the issue, but if I'm going to spend a mint on a drivetrain, for basically zero raceday payout, the parts are out there for 6-second Buick-headed power. And God forbid the Nat's crowd were to get their money's worth...

Just my opinion, nothing more.

That is like john force's car resembling a real mustang.:rolleyes: :confused: