Who ACTUALLY decides when we go to war?

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
Is it the president, or some SECRET council that lives in the basement of the pentagon?:confused:

According to our constitution, Congress is given the power to declare war. But, they have not declared "war" since Dec 1941. In this case, Congress authorized President Bush to ferret out terrorism as he sees fit. That authorization empowers President Bush to decide whether or not and where and when to utilize the military.

In our country, the military is subserviant to the rest of the federal govt. Specifically, the commander in chief is in charge, period. If the generals don't like what is going on, they have the option of resigning. The pentagon serves the people through the will of the Federal govt.

This is basic stuff....I hope you were being facetious ;)

I was...........................

I know how our Govt is "supposed" to run, just wondered if you thought there might be ;) a "secret" underground if you know what I mean:D

Re: I was...........................

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
I know how our Govt is "supposed" to run, just wondered if you thought there might be ;) a "secret" underground if you know what I mean:D

Ya, the guys that killed Kennedy are still running the show.
<G>

The gummit hasn't been in control for a long time. Corporate America, has been pulling most the strings, lately. The peak in my opinion was when Klinton was running the show. Notice how he had us hide when attacked. Other then blowin the begibbers out of a milk plant on the day of testamonies against him.