White 87 Turbo T $4500

Worthog

Where's the boost?
87 Buick Regal Turbo T, hard top, white with 'claret' interior

Has 137k miles, I've owned this car for the last 12 years.

Turbo Buick pictures by wortdog - Photobucket

This is also the car in my profile pic.

It was a theft recovery when I bought it with 85k on it. The driver's side rear quarter was replaced sometime before I bought the car, as it has metallic dark blue paint.

It needed rebuilt around 89k due to rod knock. I built the motor with a stock 10/10 cut crank and re-sized rod sourced from Mike Christiansen in St. Louis.

Recent tires, battery, plugs, plug wires, front brake pads, serpentine belt. Has a fairly minor oil leak from what seems like either the valve covers or somewhere on the front cover. Steering column is just starting to loosen up at the usual G-body spot, and of course the headliner needs to be replaced.

Oil pressure is around 17-18psi hot idle, around 40 psi on the highway at 65. Engine runs great, The trans shifts ok, especially on the street, but on the track it seemed to be sliding into 2nd and really needs a rebuild if the car is to be run hard again. Due to the resistor box for the injectors, the car won't want to start when hot unless you flip a switch to richen it up temporarily.

The worst part is obviously the rust. The doors, rocker panels, and quarters are all pretty bad. The driver's side floorboard is starting to rot out also. There's a rip on the driver's seat.

It ran consistent 11.90's several years ago at the Nats in 90 degree weather. It has run a best of 11.77@116.1mph with a 1.61 60ft at 23psi of boost. Its currently quite detuned to 17psi.

Mods:
TA-49 turbo with PTE .63 housing
200/200 GSCA club cam
'LT-1' valve springs
Powerstroke FMIC, 3" aluminum piping
72lb/hr Siemens injectors with resistor box to bring impedance up to stock
MAFT Plus and Extender Extreme chip
3" LT1 maf in blowthrough
hot-wired Walbro 307 pump
Adjustable FPR, forgot the brand
160 t-stat
ATR 3" stainless 1 into 2 exhaust
3" stainless downpipe
RJC Powerplate
Driveshaft loop
Really old Kirban knock detector
Pats 3k lockup stall converter, seems to actually stall around 2.8k
Bilstein shocks
"Cargo" rear springs
Extra set of wheels with Hoosier slicks, maybe 60% life left
Has a bung for a wideband O2, I used to have an LM-1 on it.

Looking to get $4500 for it, car is located in Mahomet, IL.

Yes, it is still for sale. I have a couple of coil packs, a coil module, ECU, cam sensor, and a
few other odds and ends that will go with the car if the buyer wants them.

I'm interested in your car for a friend of mine. Would like to speak with you if you would give me a call at 217-519-3792. Thanks.

To answer a few of the questions that have come up, this car does have a clean title. It will not pass emissions (no cat). I do drive this car a fair amount, it hasn't just been sitting for years. The stock tach and boost gauge are hilariously inaccurate.

I'm willing to take any additional pictures that people want.

$4500 obo

To answer a few of the questions that have come up, this car does have a clean title. It will not pass emissions (no cat). I do drive this car a fair amount, it hasn't just been sitting for years. The stock tach and boost gauge are hilariously inaccurate.

I'm willing to take any additional pictures that people want.

$4500 obo

I know you previously said no trades but white Ts are my favorite Tbuicks so it wont hurt to ask I guess

87 IROC 5spd 305tpi 97k miles, G92 package (borg warner 9bolt rear, rear disc brakes, engine oil cooler) Factory cold air intake. Completely factory aside from 2001 z28 seats.

148408_455140891989_506491989_6180959_6864443_n.jpg

73913_455141006989_506491989_6180960_7610107_n.jpg

149633_455141181989_506491989_6180963_5623193_n.jpg

40539_418334436989_506491989_5461599_3824133_n.jpg

I'm interested in your car for a friend of mine. Would like to speak with you if you would give me a call at 217-519-3792. Thanks.

Is your friend still interested in a car. I have an 86 olds with a fresly worked 350 and a built th350 trans. Botom end was rebuilt using all new stock parts and top of motor has all new comp, edelbrock and other big name parts. Zero no name parts were used. Fast car and only needs finishing body work and paint. Driveline is crisp and fresh. Less than 5000 miles on driveline. just let me know if he is interested.

Thanks

I know you previously said no trades but white Ts are my favorite Tbuicks so it wont hurt to ask I guess.

That's a nice IROC, but yes you're correct in that I'm not looking for any trades. I just don't have enough garage space.

I'm interested but can you email me some pics of the underside along with closer pics of the rust to quality1stconstruction at yahoo.com Also do you think it would make a 1 1/2 hour trip down I74 or should it be trailered?
Brad

Email with more detailed rust pictures is on the way soon.

It should make the trip just fine, I just did 400 miles on I-72 last weekend.

A few things I remembered that I haven't mentioned yet:
-Brake lines have been patched in two places
-The trunk lock has been shaved and has an electric release
-A set of used trunk bracing that go with the car but were never installed

I did notice a few more minor things wrong with it:
-The inner brights don't work, but the outside headlights do switch to the higher power element.
-Driver's side window doesn't seal well at highway speed, the rear pulls away a bit
-Heat doesn't work all the well with a 160 t-stat
-Rear diff has a very slight leak that left a few drops on the garage floor
-Rear defroster doesn't work
-The liquid filled Autometer boost gauge seems to be pretty inaccurate
-Stock tach and boost gauge are wildly inaccurate

Email with more detailed rust pictures is on the way soon.

It should make the trip just fine, I just did 400 miles on I-72 last weekend.

A few things I remembered that I haven't mentioned yet:
-Brake lines have been patched in two places
-The trunk lock has been shaved and has an electric release
-A set of used trunk bracing that go with the car but were never installed

I did notice a few more minor things wrong with it:
-The inner brights don't work, but the outside headlights do switch to the higher power element.
-Driver's side window doesn't seal well at highway speed, the rear pulls away a bit
-Heat doesn't work all the well with a 160 t-stat
-Rear diff has a very slight leak that left a few drops on the garage floor
-Rear defroster doesn't work
-The liquid filled Autometer boost gauge seems to be pretty inaccurate
-Stock tach and boost gauge are wildly inaccurate

Got the email and will call you in a couple days. I'm looking at another one locally too. I like white better than silver though. Both about the same body wise and the silver has a few less mods but still close.