Which wire at ECM for Translator +

streetknight

DCVING
Done a search and read a lot of good info. My question is about the EST wire that needs to be spliced. At the coil pack I see 2 wires that look white. One is closest to the firewall and the other is middle of the connector.

(1) I don't know which is the right one.

(2) I'd like to mount this in the car behind the glover box. I pulled the plugs out of the ecm to look for the white wires. I only found ONE white wire at the ECM. There are 2 plugs (1 grey and 1 blue) and this white wire is on the blue plug. Is this the EST wire?

Just wanted to clarify before I spliced it.

Thanks

At the firewall area it is nearest to the firewall PIN A.

At the ECM it is on PIN B4 also a white wire.

There are leeetle tiny letters on the connector, don't know which color it is.

For reference B3 is a Blk/red wire.

B5 is a purple/wht wire.

B1 and B2 are not used.

New queston..

If I want to stretch the wiring that came with my T + to be mounted in the car without buying the extensions. What guage wire is needed. 16 or 18?

Thanks

You can use 18 gauge, make it a quality wire such as Belden or West Penn. :)

16 if you have it will also work just fine.

I assume you are going to cut the cable and add about 8 ft. or so of wire in the middle and resolder it?

That was my intention. I just read about people using the extensions having to cut them anyway or having to drill another hole to get the plugs thru the firewall.

I thought I would try to save the $'s and splice the ones that came with the kit.

Thanks

I used 14 Guage when I did that, but I use 14 Guage for pretty much anything.

Also, just a tip I mounted mine in the centre console. It's a great spot for it.

when cutting the white wire to splice in the trans plus how far from the coil and injectors is best to keep from getting interference from them.

thanks

when cutting the white wire to splice in the trans plus how far from the coil and injectors is best to keep from getting interference from them.

thanks

I wasn't sure of that either. That's why I decided to put the translator in the car. Do a search, I read a lot of good info on this. Surely it will be there.

I cut mine in 3'' from the coil and the car idles rough. I was told to move the splice further away from plug wires and inj. to keep them from interfering . has anyone spliced under the hood and had much success

thanks

Mines been spliced about 3" back from the connector for about 5 years now.

I occasionally get a code 42 but I'm betting it's the modded used ECM I bought, for 3 years no codes with my old original ECM.

Idle is fine. :)

Not sure about any interference issues anyway since the stock wiring isn't shielded or modified in any way to avoid interference.