which w body and what year washer tanks?

I think so. It would require taping some sort of TPS into the carb to make it work but I don't think that will be a problem.

So are you getting good atomization with the M15 nozzle and the newer style pump?

Looks fine to me. Then it goes through the carb which should help too.

I did see some eroding of the turbo impeller after a couple of years of running water/ethanol. At times I was running a lot of volume (two nozzles) and at times, I had puddling under the carb (EGR went bad and let plenum cool). Big drops need to be avoided. That's one reason for placing the nozzle in the carb elbow where I did.

When I started with the injection, I didn't have good control of my A/F ratio. Even with one M5 injector, I'm running very rich. I'm thinking of running stright water - and just enough to surpress any knocking. I don't think running alcohol as a way of getting more fuel is practical. A change in alcohol is a change in A/F and a change in heat absroption at the same time.

Thanks for the input Rich. I think it may be best to do both in the long run. Before and after the turbo to cool the system down more.

hmmm. Maybe it's a good time to see what injecting after the turbo does???

You will need a lot more pressure and a way to get it into each cylinder evenly. Much easier before the turbo.

If you can cool the system down enough before the turbo, why mess around after? You can inject more than enough there.

Extreme boost conditions Rich. I'm thinking the system would work if you decide to run 20+ PSI and instead of shooting it to the side shoot it from the front of the foot into the pressurized A/F mix to help it atomize as well as even out the cylinder balance some. Use it as a secondary enrichment to keep the mix fat enough to prevent detonation.

You will need a lot more pressure and a way to get it into each cylinder evenly. Much easier before the turbo.

If you can cool the system down enough before the turbo, why mess around after? You can inject more than enough there.

Well rich I guess it's been THAT long since I've seen a carb turbo setup LOL:biggrin: You and a few others have proved that injecting before the turbo works. I'm guessing you would have to have a hi psi sureflo pump to even try to inject after the turbo.

Extreme boost conditions Rich. I'm thinking the system would work if you decide to run 20+ PSI and instead of shooting it to the side shoot it from the front of the foot into the pressurized A/F mix to help it atomize as well as even out the cylinder balance some. Use it as a secondary enrichment to keep the mix fat enough to prevent detonation.

Shooting from the front would still be asymmentrical. you would need to go from the top for the compressor foot. You can run plenty rich without alcohol, just run some very thin secondaries in the Q-jet.

Anybody running 20+ boost on a carb/turbo? Got to crawl before you walk. :wink:

Well Charles, beings you are messing around with intakes better get to work. Someone needs to figure out the best point in the intake to inject alky and have it equally distributed. Shouldn't be too tough;)

In the meantime, I think Rich's car would be an excellent candidate to try your hybrid turbo on:cool: I WANT RESULTS:tongue:

Well Charles, beings you are messing around with intakes better get to work. Someone needs to figure out the best point in the intake to inject alky and have it equally distributed. Shouldn't be too tough;)

In the meantime, I think Rich's car would be an excellent candidate to try your hybrid turbo on:cool: I WANT RESULTS:tongue:

LOL I do to Jesse.:tongue: I'm waiting on Ronnie right now. I called him today to see how it's going and the humidity won't allow the powder to stick right. Rich or Freddie may be getting it for proof but I'm planning on using the rust bucket 83 T to set up everything.:biggrin: If everything goes right I'll be doing some 1/8 mile testing with it locally and taking it to Noble for the shootout in October.:smile:

are you going to do a back-to-back test or just slap it on and see if you can break the 12 sec barrier?

There's more involved than that Jesse. I really can't do anthing until the turbo gets back here and I can fit and fab everything for the down pipe. Then we'll see what happens.

Yep. The down pipe is a 3" with internal waste gate but I've got everything to external. 46mm TiAL with tubes so it should flow well. The up pipe will also have to be fabbed in 2.5" to fit the inlet on the exducer.

Hope you have a good night Jesse. Glad I don't work like that anymore though.

I'd almost rather work night shift than afternoon. It's not so bad after the first few days. Boring as hell though with no one to talk to on my phone though:frown: That's why I have a radio and a computer screen to monitor I guess:rolleyes: The job's isn't THAT bad, and for what I get paid, I can handle a few off shifts:wink: