Which sensor is this???

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I need to know what sensor I need to replace as it seems to be "moving around". It is on the back of the block under the coilpack and and on the drivers side. It almost looks like the stock temp sensor? but it points up. Any help would be appreciated!

What do you mean by points up? The sensor screws straight down and the back of the manifold under the coil pack.

Knock Sensor

If it is loose, I seem to recall that it is important not to overtighten. Correct torque on knock sensor is 14 ft/lbs.

Mine was loose like that. I guess thats why it blew a headgasket at only 12 lbs. I put a new one in. Why only 14 lbs? Doesnt make sense to me.

x2..fix asap.without this you could destroy the engine.....

Replace it A.S.A.P. :eek: Sounds like the sensor is coming apart. I never understood why 14lbs. of torque either. Anybody know why? :rolleyes:

Because the knock sensor is just an accelerometer (acoustic sensor) filtered by the computer to the frequency of interest (knock). It is very sensitive to the torque spec. or 'coupling', because that affects the magnitude of the vibrations which pass thru, which it is trying to sense.

Because the knock sensor is just an accelerometer (acoustic sensor) filtered by the computer to the frequency of interest (knock). It is very sensitive to the torque spec. or 'coupling', because that affects the magnitude of the vibrations which pass thru, which it is trying to sense.

I guess i should take that sucker back out and torque it!!

Certainly not a bad idea. FWIW, when I said 'very sensitive', I probably should have said 'relatively sensitive'..... meaning don't CRANK it in there, and don't just 'snug' it either. Maybe torque any 'ole bolt to 14 ft-lbs to get a good feel, and tighten the knock sensor to about the same. It may be more of a pain to get a torque wrench on it than it's worth with the engine in the car... If you can, though, I would torque it....