Which sensor is this?

VinsGN

Its "In Stock"
On an 87 GN - Looking at the motor from the front, what is the name of the sensor that stands straight up on the intake manifold just to the right of the throttle body and just left of the fuel pressure regulator. This sensor has a round top connection (My wiring harness connection fell part for this sensor; I need to order a new end.) Just below this sensor is, or what I believe is, the water temp senor sticking straight out the front. Thanks.

VinsGN said:
On an 87 GN - Looking at the motor from the front, what is the name of the sensor that stands straight up on the intake manifold just to the right of the throttle body and just left of the fuel pressure regulator. This sensor has a round top connection (My wiring harness connection fell part for this sensor; I need to order a new end.) Just below this sensor is, or what I believe is, the water temp senor sticking straight out the front. Thanks.

That sensor is the high speed fan switch. Basically it is more of a temp sensing switch than anything else. At a certain temp (I believe around 200) it turns the fan on high speed mode.

Thanks for the info. I should have also asked this above. Where can I purchase one of the wiring harness repair ends for this switch? Kirbans, Postons, NAPA? Thanks again.

Can someone get a pic of this sensor? I have something that sounds like that...but it's just sitting somewhere by my master cylinder, not attached to anything..

turbo dave said" That sensor is the high speed fan switch. Basically it is more of a temp sensing switch than anything else. At a certain temp (I believe around 200) it turns the fan on high speed mode."

Does any one make that switch that will turn on the high speed fan at a lower temperature?

gbsean said:
turbo dave said" That sensor is the high speed fan switch. Basically it is more of a temp sensing switch than anything else. At a certain temp (I believe around 200) it turns the fan on high speed mode."

Does any one make that switch that will turn on the high speed fan at a lower temperature?

You could remove the resistor on the fan and have either relay run it on high.

gbsean said:
duh did not think about that :confused: ....ordered the ram charger dual fan anyway

That's fine. The RC dual fan ROCKS! My water temp never goes over 175 even idling in traffic on a 95 degree day, and the AC has renewed life!

Antagon said:
I couldn't find it on my car....wheres the "lost" smily :confused:

It's on the intake pointing up, just under the throttle linkage. The connector has a green wire. You may not notice it because the connector covers the top of the sensor. Also, considering how easy mine broke, I don't suggest tinkering unless necessary - they are old and brittle.

Antagon said:
Can someone get a pic of this sensor? I have something that sounds like that...but it's just sitting somewhere by my master cylinder, not attached to anything..

I would guess that's your mat sensor...maybe. Do you have a cold air kit or K & N ?