which ratio roller rockers to get??

Turbo317

i see theres 1.55 , 1.60 and 1.65 whats the best for performance? What would be the best to use with 218/222 cam and ported heads??
TIA

This is one of many cams I am also considering.

If you use a 1.6 rocker with this cam you get .474 in/ .494 ex.
If you use a 1.65 rocker with this cam you get .489 in/ .509 ex.

My VPE heads will flow around 225cfm @.500 so I would think you want to get to 500 lift on ported heads to max out their flow capabilities. That being said, with the cam above you would need the 1.65 rockers to acheive that.

If you go roller, you get much more lift without the roller rockers ( - $385 ) and kill the chance of wiping a lobe, but at the price of $800.

First issue you can run into is valve spring bind. However, with the options you have listed that shouldn't be a problem.

You may also need to be concerned with valve to piston clearance if you go too far. Have your heads been milled? Thin gaskets?

You really think that 1.55, 1.60, and 1.65 are the only options? :rolleyes:

I have only noticed those commonly available ratios and only Harland Sharp and T&D's for options.

What else is out there?

I heard there will be or already available 1.70 and higher rocker ratios. BillyT may be running 1.70s.

Scott231 said:
First issue you can run into is valve spring bind. However, with the options you have listed that shouldn't be a problem.

You may also need to be concerned with valve to piston clearance if you go too far. Have your heads been milled? Thin gaskets?

You really think that 1.55, 1.60, and 1.65 are the only options? :rolleyes:
i have not purchases a set of heads yet, but i will be soon. prolly a set of stock ported ones. i do not know if they will be milled? i was planning on getting a set of ICS copper head gaskets also.. i apreciate the input, trying to figure what ratio rockers to get.

Turbo317 said:
i have not purchases a set of heads yet, but i will be soon. prolly a set of stock ported ones. i do not know if they will be milled? i was planning on getting a set of ICS copper head gaskets also.. i apreciate the input, trying to figure what ratio rockers to get.
just to let you know--there is one set of t+d rocker for iron heads and one set for alum. heads. i have a brand new set of 1.65's for iron heads and need a set for alum heads. if your going with iron heads and looking to buy some asap. i am willing to take a $25 loss and eat the shipping if you want to buy these. they are brand new and have only been laid on top of my alum head long enough to say "oh crap they are the wrong ones" :eek: and then put back in the box. Len

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi bryan its sat morning and i regret to tell you the roller rockers are no longer for sale. there is a local buick guy here in town that has the set i need and this is the set he needs so we are going to trade. i thank you for wanting to buy them and wish you luck with your project. thanks. len

1FASTV6 said:
I heard there will be or already available 1.70 and higher rocker ratios. BillyT may be running 1.70s.
\

Artie

I'm running 1.75s T&Ds pedestal type. Have around .664 lift. My flow numbers are 269 intake and I believe around 210 exhaust, these are TA Eliminator heads going on a 109 block.

Got to match the cam with the flow of the head to get max performamce.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com