which ones HR Parts rear controll arms or umi

I know it wasn't on your list, but look at the Metco arms as well. I bought the lowers and adjustable uppers at BG. Great value for the money, and darn good looking (even though you can't see them under the car and looks don't really matter). The HR's are nice pieces also, he had some new economy models at the show also. I am installing the Metco's this weekend with an ATR style bar this weekend and I plan on keeping my two airbags.

same here, rick at metco was hard to beat. i got the lowers from him this year at BG- next year i'll get the uppers from him. but i did get all my mounts from paul at h&r parts and stuff.... just my 2cents.

I have H&R adjustable uppers and H&R non-adjustable lowers + H&R sway bar + 2 airbags + QA1 shocks...I'm very pleased with my setup. The only thing is that I still haven't found how to properly adjust the sway bar...I used to pull the wheels off the ground and now, I can't anymore since I put the bar in...:redface: Sometimes I wonder if I should remove it...:confused:

Claude.

Maybe..

I have H&R adjustable uppers and H&R non-adjustable lowers + H&R sway bar + 2 airbags + QA1 shocks...I'm very pleased with my setup. The only thing is that I still haven't found how to properly adjust the sway bar...I used to pull the wheels off the ground and now, I can't anymore since I put the bar in...:redface: Sometimes I wonder if I should remove it...:confused:

Claude.

try launching with no air in the bags. Bags can upset the action of the bar. [I took my bags off, and added the bar.. day/nite difference.] If it works, don't leave the bags installed. They'll get damaged w/o air in them.
As for setting the bar, a call to Paul should get you a copy. I ran mine at the baseline setting, and the car behaved very well.

Since ur open to suggestions...

Dont forget to look at Edelbrocks uppers. They are double adjustable that make it easy to dial in the pinion angle. Summit will stock them, no hassles with shipping with those guys. By the way if ur gonna change those arms soon, climb under the car and soak the hardware a few times now with WD40, Mine were tough to get off.

I went with UMI adj ups and fixed lowers (both tubular) and the HR bar. Got the UMI stuff due to money and they are well made for the price. They are on 9 sec GNs for FWIW

Just a thought

Did your times slow down or did you pickup a tenth or 2? Maybe it tightened up the rear enough so that the energy wasted twisting and lifting is now used for forward momentum and a straighter launch? You have a darn nice setup can/t see it messing you up unless ic(instant center) and pa is way off. Your upper adjustable control arms did you lengthen/shorten them or did you adjust them to stock length. Heed Mr. Leeper's advice it may very well be the airbags

try launching with no air in the bags. Bags can upset the action of the bar. [I took my bags off, and added the bar.. day/nite difference.] If it works, don't leave the bags installed. They'll get damaged w/o air in them.
As for setting the bar, a call to Paul should get you a copy. I ran mine at the baseline setting, and the car behaved very well.

it going to be on a mid 11 sec car that way i dont have put a role bar in it thanks for all the input i thought with going with stock lenth lowers and leave the uppers for now and the atr style sway bar

it going to be on a mid 11 sec car that way i dont have put a role bar in it thanks for all the input i thought with going with stock lenth lowers and leave the uppers for now and the atr style sway bar

I'd just do the stock replacement UMI's and the Full Throttle (ATR) sway bar :cool:

I have UMI tubular lowers with the ATR bar, happy with everything so far. UMI stuff is generally less expensive but I see no problem with the quality. Very nice pieces. I took pictures while the car was in the air but can't seem to find them right now.

HR bar and UMI lower's from Full Throttle for me and car finally hooks up!! Still deciding on removing the bags.

would u do uppers also?
thanks for all the input
i'm going with umi boxed lowers atr sway bar
still undecided on the uppers

If you plan to race it I'd say adjustable uppers are worth it, but for a street car you can leave them for now.

I run the UMI's and I belive that they are a nice part at a good price......For your power levels you should be just fine with the standard non adjustable uppers, I run Boxed lowers and tubular uppers, after install it felt like a totally different car!

I run all the HR Stuff

- 1/4" longer lowers
- Adj uppers
- HR Sway Bar
- QA1 shocks

Paul (HR) helps us big time and is a vendor, so guys support him.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Paul (H&R) was the ONLY vendor that came to Norway. They are very loyal to the TR crowd. And they make great parts. I like to take care of people who take care of me and Paul is there for service after the sale with GREAT customer support. That is invaluable when ya got a problem that stumps ya.:biggrin:

Dan, where were you and Melissa?!? I thought I would bump into you guys for sure! I heard a few shoulda, coulda, woulda's and thought about ya!

Paul (H&R) was the ONLY vendor that came to Norway. They are very loyal to the TR crowd. And they make great parts. I like to take care of people who take care of me and Paul is there for service after the sale with GREAT customer support. That is invaluable when ya got a problem that stumps QUOTE]

+ 1

Claude