Which one do I pick??

• 1983 Cutlass

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 1982 Regal

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
P

pat83t

I am trying to choose which of these 2 cars to dump a small block into and strip everything that isn't needed and turn into a race car. I got offered a 1983 Cutlass for free and a 1982 Regal for $75 (actually $150 but a friend said he would buy the seats for $75). Here are pics to help you decide.

1983 Cutlass (no title, pulled 231 with spun bearing)
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fastnwic...tnwicked/lst?&.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

1982 Regal (motor making some noise, bad rear brakes)
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fastnwic...tnwicked/lst?&.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

I really want the Regal but I don't want to lose my status of the resident Freeloader. :D

By the way, getting them both isn't an option. Only storage space for one.

Cutlass or Regal???

I agree with RC!!:)

You gotta go with the Regal!!:)

Bad to The Bone.....................................;)

Cutlass!!!!

Does the cutlass have the high-backed bucket seats? If so those are way cooler than the regal seats.

If it has a bench then blech I say!!

As far as looks. I have always liked the single slit Olds brake lights and the double grill look.

To be honest, if it weren't for the 'members only club' feel of a GN I would have gotten an 87 442.

I put a rear deck spoiler (Hurst Olds style) on the gutless and it looked very nice.

but you got to remember he wants to do this cheap.the cutlass needs alot of work,where as the buick he can go to a yard a get a 455 motor cheap and go fast and look good.:D

I thought they both need a new motor. What will fit in one will fit in the other so no difference there.

The regal looks to be in better shape but the cutlass does not look beyond repair.

The cutlass is missing alot of parts. The lights, front and rear, rear bumper, and other assorted parts. They both have split benches in them. I have been given a single black bucket seat. As for the motor I have also been given a 350 4 bolt main to rebuild.

Ewww...the dreaded split bench seat ;-)

Actually, that is better than how my cutlass came into my being. I had the single bench all the way across. I switched that for two bucket seats. With the single bench seat it was missing the brackets for the two bench seats but I made my own and it worked fine.

If the regal is not in need of so many pieces go with it. I am just partial to the cutlass nose and rear brake lights.

That 350 4 bolt can be worked up very nicely. When my 231 died in my cutlass I put and Olds 350 rocket in. Was better but with the 2:50 or so ring and pinion.....well.......

I'd go the olds , but I'm a little biased . :)

It's free and your going to strip it down any how right ? and this will be a drag race only car ?

Either car is cool, but the motor choice sucks. ;) ;) ;)

The Cutlass with a 403 is :cool:
The Regal with a 455 is :cool: :cool:
The Regal with a blow-thru turbo 4.1 is :cool: :D :cool:

Sorry folks. It is a chevy 350, but free is free and you can't find much of a cheaper motor to build. The only drag strip around here has a rule that it has to be street legal so missing lights and crap kinda bites into the plans of the cutlass. However if anyone wants a free cutlass he said come haul it off. ;) I thought about making something very interesting. I thought about getting the 403 and transaxle from a 77 toronado and drop that into the cutlass. Would be very interesting. The regal (seeing as how it is looking like going that way.) will be a race only car, maybe, but never know what happens. Now I need to go up north and see what the bone yard wants for the diff. out of the monte ss that is sitting up there.

Get the regal. It looks exactly like my 87 Limited except I have the 83s hub caps on it.

Combine the 2 cars and confuss the crap out of everyone...regal nose on the olds :D
I voted for the regal..needs less.