Which oil should I use ?

sshoureas

I have a fairly stock 87GN with 60k miles that I bought a few months ago and would like to do an oil change. i bought the ZDDP now which oil brand/weight/viscosity should I use ? Dino or synthetic ?

just run non-synthetic oil of your choice with a bottle of ZDDP and you will be good to go.

i run valvoline non-street legal 10-30 and a bottle of additive

run vr1 in one car and the non street legal in the other. why is it not street legal? i dont know, that's what's on the bottle

run vr1 in one car and the non street legal in the other. why is it not street legal? i dont know, that's what's on the bottle

It's not street legal because it supposedly has some ZDDP already in it. ZDDP is banned by EPA in street driven motor vehicles. But in the grand scheme of EPA violations (downpipes, test pipes, breathers, egr deletes, etc) it's pretty low on the violations.

My opinion on the oil is to stick with some name brand dino and the zddp. I used synthetic in one of my buicks and it leaked pretty bad. I have used blends though like Valvolines High Mileage blend and it seemed to work pretty well (leak wise) or just use dino and change frequently.

I have been using NAPA 10w-30 oil for years and could not be happier...I like to keep it simple, no need to spend 6 bucks for a quart of oil....:rolleyes:

Yep same here I was told Rotella used it one time guess what I saw tons of Bubbles!!:eek:I now use Brad Penn in my truck also and wont turn back

Ok, what I am getting out of this is it doesn't matter as long as it is 10w30 and non-synthetic. Thanks for the info

I have always used Rotella with no issues at all. My bubby has a True 10.5 93 Supra race car with a 2000+ horsepower Nelson built LSX 427 and twin 47-88's and Nelson recommended Rotella for his application also.