which of my two tta's should i bring to the reunion

dsmith4994

I have two 89 TT/A's one has 385 miles 100% original. The other is 65,000 miles and heavily modified. I am not sure which one i should bring to the TT/A reunion. I thought i would put it out there to see which one the most people would want to see. Lets call which one i bring "the peoples choice". Both would make for interesting viewing. Feel free to post your opinions. Either one will be trailered as to keep them damage free and/or to maintain the low mileage....Dave...TTT

The WHITE one. LOL...

I bet there will be several stock ones there with low miles, but once you see one, what else is there to look at? I live about 2 1/2 miles from WS6 and his is modded. He would be interested in looking at modded TTA's so he can share info on what mods get the best performance gains. Quicky One has a real fast modded one too, and I know he will be there.

Just my thoughts. I feel the same about the GN's and T's. Super clean, low mile cars are beautiful, but you only need to look at one. Modded cars are a little more fun just because each of us has added their own touch.

See you there.
:biggrin:

65k one hands down.. I can't believe guys modify these RARE cars :p:biggrin: You wouldn't believe the crap I went threw when I had my 300 mile car at the drags when it was a few days old. :cool:

i say both... you drive the low miles one and I will drive the heavily modified one for you.:biggrin:

I would say both if you could have a friend trailer the other one for you. But if I had to choose. Probably the modified one. THere will be plenty of stockers there. Just bring a nice scrap book of your stocker though and display it with the modded one.

re:memoribilia

Should i bring all my memoribilia and what i call artifacts like the original radio fuse still in the package that came hanging from the rear view mirror or NOS oil filters, Owners box with the credit card thingie nobody seems to know about, Magazines from 89-91 that have TT/A stuff, several items of clothing marketed by PAS, Pictures of bobby unser in the winners circle with negatives, 89 Indy program guide, 6 pack indy 500 cooler with emblem on it, 4" ring binder full of documentation that has absolutely everything the car came with and more, locking lug nuts still in the bag, t-top shades still in the box, NOS intermediate pipe, NOS Emblems still in GM bags and a bunch of other stuff i havent looked at in years......Dave......TTT

Bring all of that memoribilia with the stock car! That would be awesome...isn't the stocker a hardtop too??

Jason

That low mile one sounds like a concourse winner to me!!! But then again I do like to see the modified ones! It's almost a coin toss up the day before you leave! :D

responses

to: Quicky One
The 385 mile one is a lexan t-top leather interior car #1185 with emblems installed from the factory 100% fully documented. Orded to be the last one which didnt happen and ordered to be dealer prep delete. Which means it has never been washed to this day and came with the radio fuse still hanging from the rear view mirror
The other one is #928 t-top leather
both cars have been in the registry since 1999 at .....:::::Turbo Trans Am Registry:::::.....

to:phillyturbosix
now you see my dilemma
They are both worth bringing but i will only be bringing one.
"The peoples choice" as voted 100% by the responses i get

Bring the modded one, what are you goin to do if the low mile never washed car gets mud on it???? Stock cars are all the same, modded cars are more interesting as you get to see how another guy does things....

Jarred

re:intermediate pipe

I feel your pain.
Perhaps we can get a specialty exhaust company to make an exact reproduction of this part by using mine as a reference on one of those new computer programmable bending machines. Once programmed they can make as many of these as needed by running the program. Just a thought....Dave...TTT

I vote modded one.
I'm trying to get my friend to bring his tta. He's got the last one which he bought in pa last year.

re:last one

The last one? THATS AWESOME
Is the car documented as far as the order form with the deposit amount and a statement that says they wanted the last one or did he get it just by chance? Was it a GM executives car? Whats the story behind that one?

The last one? THATS AWESOME
Is the car documented as far as the order form with the deposit amount and a statement that says they wanted the last one or did he get it just by chance? Was it a GM executives car? Whats the story behind that one?

It was by total chance. Owner did not even know. My friend traded a ls1 Camaro for it to a guy in pa. Before he bought it he googled the vin number and it led to this web site where someone started a thread with the vin looking for the car. He has posted on here and I do believe he registered it on the tta list. The car is in decent shape and is pretty much all stock minus a maf pipe and a replacement turbo (or at least its a polished stockers. ) He's probably bringing it and hanging a for sale sign on it. He usually o ly has cars for like 6 months but has had this one for about 1.5 years which is unusual for him lol.

re: results

It is starting to look like the modified 89 TT/A is going to the show.....Guess i better start getting it ready.....Dave......TTT