Which fuel pump ?

Tori

Hi guys, I'm ready to start upgrading the fuel system on my car so that i can run more than 8 lbs of boost. Anything more than that, and it starts pinging.

First question: Is there a common recipe that these cars should get to make them perform to potential ?

Here's what i've currently got in the car: LT1 MAF, Translator, CAI, Hot wire, 28# injectors, and matching chip. I know those are pretty common mods, and the car runs well as is but it just won't handle a lot of boost on the 91 pump gas here in CA.
So, here is what i was planning to do : (from what i've read) 60# injectors are the way to go along with a bigger fuel pump. I have a meth. kit to ad later on as needed.

Lots of different fuel pumps being used, and that makes picking one confusing.

Pump suggestions ? Are than any pumps from the auto parts stores that work ?

Order the aeromotive pump from summit. Let me look through my part pics. Great pump, recommended by the local professional, and very affordable. Can't beat it.

So is the Aeromotive just a drop in replacement pump ? I see a few different ones. All i need to swap out is the pump, strainer, and other wee bits ?

IMG_1676.PNG

Direct drop in. Make sure you have hot wire kit and excellent ground.

Hi guys, I'm ready to start upgrading the fuel system on my car so that i can run more than 8 lbs of boost. Anything more than that, and it starts pinging.

First question: Is there a common recipe that these cars should get to make them perform to potential ?

Here's what i've currently got in the car: LT1 MAF, Translator, CAI, Hot wire, 28# injectors, and matching chip. I know those are pretty common mods, and the car runs well as is but it just won't handle a lot of boost on the 91 pump gas here in CA.
So, here is what i was planning to do : (from what i've read) 60# injectors are the way to go along with a bigger fuel pump. I have a meth. kit to ad later on as needed.

Lots of different fuel pumps being used, and that makes picking one confusing.

Pump suggestions ? Are than any pumps from the auto parts stores that work ?

Deatschwerks DW300 .. PROVEN pump on both fuel and E85 .. Exceptional pump

Aeromotive...PROVEN on just about every damn thing. ;)

yeah proven to take a dump when you run them on alky :) ..

Ohh yeah I wont bring up the A1000 failures from the shitty glue process they had :)
But hey if that's what ya like to use.. go for it .. I just don't like doing the same work twice :)

yeah proven to take a dump when you run them on alky :) ..

Ohh yeah I wont bring up the A1000 failures from the shitty glue process they had :)
But hey if that's what ya like to use.. go for it .. I just don't like doing the same work twice :)
Every thread you are on is always a debate to try and push your opinion onto someone else. Those pumps I posted kick ass, period. That's all I know and that's all I have to say. Thank you. ;)

Just waiting for TTYPE6 to come in an post up for a reds double pumper

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Every thread you are on is always a debate to try and push your opinion onto someone else. Those pumps I posted kick ass, period. That's all I know and that's all I have to say. Thank you. ;)

No debate .. just my observations based on many a install.
Just trying to give the OP an honest answer to his question .. isn't that the point of his question ?? to get opinions on what works and what doesn't ?

You posted and it's your opinion that they kick ass... based on probably what ?? that you installed 1 in your car and its still running ..

My vantage point is that after seeing well over a dozen A1000's croak from glue delamination .. and then seeing 2 of the same pump you posted above take a shit on E85 ... Well not a very high opinion on the Aeromotive stuff ... Also seen Many WALBLOS take a crap as well... so don't trust them either ...

After personally installing damn close to 100 DW300 on Turbobuicks ... I've had 1 failure ... and it was because the customer did something silly with storage of the car.
SO ... that is why I posted its PROVEN and works exceptionally well.

IF you like the Aeromotive .. Cool im glad its workin for ya ... just hasn't been my experience is all .. Now maybe some other guys can chime in and say how great their luck has been with
XP's and WALBLOWS :)

So what's my next move after the pump install. Do you all agree 60# injectors will be fine ? Won't be a track car, not looking for any specific ET's. just hoping to be able to have quick blasts of maybe 20# boost.

Will i need a different FP regulator ?

60# injectors work excellent and have an amazing capability to make the car idle smooth. There will be different opinions on fuel regulators but I've personally used kirbans, accufab, Ken Bell and a stock with billet top and they all worked. Kirbans billet or accufab are easy to acquire. Either will work for you. Make sure you get that alky installed, that's really important when you're out there spooling around.