Which Fuel Pump(s) Do I Need?!

kTrainHurricane

Vader Drives a GN
"Pre-discussion" of this post can be found in my "Bought GN - Back in Black" thread on TBs.com. Basically my ECM wire needed to be jumped and I had a pinhole in my gas tank so its been at the mechanic getting that done...shop dropped the tank and found a bunch of rust in it and in the lines as well, so all that is being replaced with new from Highway Stars Buick Grand National Parts Home Page

They just called me and said my Walbro 255 was rusted out as well so they needed to order a new one. He asked me if my car was making anywhere near or over 450hp (I told him "no" - mods are in my sig.) because thats the number his car stopped getting enough fuel. He asked what boost the car runs at and I told him 14-15lbs and 23-25 on alky or race gas. He wanted to know if I knew whether or not a single Walbro 255 would be sufficient or if I needed 2/a double pumper. I honestly have no clue but I told him the 1 should be fine. Was I correct? Please chime in...

Single walbro and be done. Good for waay faster than 450HP with alky or without for that matter