Which front springs to hook up.

Stock front springs here, 1.2x 60fts regularly. Like Billy said put your money in shocks. You don't need front springs unless you are trying to change ride height. I run QA1 coil-over rear springs, they do fit in the stock location. A good setup in the rear is to use the wolf racecraft or trz adjusters at the axle side of the rear spring so you can adjust ride height.
I'm a little confused here...:confused: What's the difference in performance between using regular type coil springs in conjunction with QA1 12-position adjustable shocks vs. QA1 coil-overs? Is there one setup better than the other? Also does that mean that when using coil-overs, you don't need any regular shocks anymore? Maybe a picture or two would help me to understand better...:rolleyes:

Claude :redface:

Springs support the body
Shocks control the springs. How well the springs are controlled depends on the quality of the shocks.

Claude, junk those cargo coil (cc) springs. Install a set of stock springs. I had a set of cc in my car. They were fine for street driving but terrible on the track for lauching. You stated that with the stock springs, the tires were rubbing and that's why the cc were installed. When the cc were installed, the instant center (IC) was altered. Once the IC was altered, you are going to have issues with the 60'.

There is nothing wrong with the HR bar. Plenty of us going fast with it. Is the bar adjusted correctly? I could let of the steering wheel going down the track and the car would go straight.

A coil over suspension gives you the adjustability of the ride height. You can adjust the height by turning the spanner nut.

Another thing, you don't want a car to wheelie if you wanna go fast. Wheelies are great for pictures but bad for going fast. You wanna go forward not up.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

claude, they're talking about using a spring from a coilover shock in place of the stock springs.....some of the benefits are they are smaller in diameter ,more room for exhaust,lighter , come in a vast range of spring rates and heights and are fairly inexpensive....trz and wolf racecraft both make adapters that replace the spring perches on the rearend i believe ,with an adjustable perch to allow ride height adjustment ....personally, id junk the 90/10 shocks and get some nice double adjustable shocks for the front also....will be able to control front end a little better than a 90/10.....and basically everything billy just said....joel

Claude, junk those cargo coil (cc) springs. Install a set of stock springs. I had a set of cc in my car. They were fine for street driving but terrible on the track for lauching. You stated that with the stock springs, the tires were rubbing and that's why the cc were installed. When the cc were installed, the instant center (IC) was altered. Once the IC was altered, you are going to have issues with the 60'.

There is nothing wrong with the HR bar. Plenty of us going fast with it. Is the bar adjusted correctly? I could let of the steering wheel going down the track and the car would go straight.

A coil over suspension gives you the adjustability of the ride height. You can adjust the height by turning the spanner nut.

Another thing, you don't want a car to wheelie if you wanna go fast. Wheelies are great for pictures but bad for going fast. You wanna go forward not up.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'm thinking of ditching the cargo coils and maybe the H&R sway bar next spring. I just hope I'll still be able to get stock springs from the GM dealer!...:redface: The only reason why I put cargo springs was because I had a tire rubbing issue, but I fixed that by installing some spacers between the spring perch and the spring itself, raising the rear of the car approximately 1". I guess I could also reuse them with the stock springs.
As for the H&R bar, I never really liked it even if a lot of guys on this site swear by it...but not me.:frown: I know it's supposed to make the car leave and go straight, but in my case, the car was leaving one side higher than the other, BUT was always tracking straight! It just took out the "fun factor" of pulling the wheels off the ground, nothing more and hasn't helped my et's.:mad: I know, I know... wheelies don't make you go fast, (but look fast) :biggrin: , but I'd rather pull the wheels and give a good show even if it means going a little slower than just leave the line with all four wheels on the ground and and look boring to watch just go straight to the other end. Also...doing wheelies is fun! :biggrin:

Claude.

I know near stock cars use airbags to combat wheel hop and help the launch, What is the limit where air bags help? I know they wont do much with faster cars but I love being able to control my ride height.

I am having issues launching also.

Second question, how much difference was there in removing the front sway bar? is it dangerous on the street with 90/10 and no sway bar?

TIA

Personally I would never run a set of 90/10 shocks on the street much less without a sway bar. It's just not smart on a stock car unless you get some other things in place to help keep the car stable.

Moroso drag springs , lakewood drag shocks , 1.39 60FT , drive it anywhere , old school stuff :D

Attachments

• BOPC20081(forpost).jpg
    BOPC20081(forpost).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 123