Which exhaust for a street car

We got the RJC. 3" single to dual cross flow, expansion exhaust system.

Sounds awesome, looks even better. No ugly muff's hangin.. We all know how bad a hanging muff can be. hehehehehe

The guys at GN Northwest installed this system. My whole thing is. Stock as much as possible. At least I want it to look that way. They did a great job.

Im convinced a straight pipe with no muffler would be quieter than some exhaust systems with mufflers.
agreed...struggling with some magnaflows now. they sound good but my car is quieter at WOT outside the car with the cut out open....guess they magnafy the sound

hello people; It's been real cold here lately in Mass. I put car to bed yesterday. It was sitting in the driveway day and night for about a week with out use.The weird thing is the exhaust (RJC) didn't sound the same. I've had it for a bit and I know what it sounds like but it didn't sound right. Even after warming it was different. Who knows maybe it's the cold or maybe something crawled up the pipe. Just kidding. It's not cumming out for a while so I'll see what happens then.
happy holidays
IBBY

OK, OK, I have to ask. Why are certain people so concerned with how loud one system is over another??? These are not BIG BLOCK Mopars or Chevys were talking about, with .600 lift cams and 11.1 comp, they are a V6 that isnt even as loud, with an open dump pipe, as most other street machines. If you really want your car that quiet, then dont worry about performance. ANY exhaust system has a drone, I dont care who makes it. The difference is each system does it at different RPM levels. I can drive my GN with the dump open and it still is quieter then my MAX WEDGE car that has dual 3 inch exhaust and Flowmaster R.V. mufflers all the way out the back. My point is these cars arent loud not matter what system you have. Even in the pits at BPG, the TSO cars, with systems, arent that loud and they'er 1400 HP.

:biggrin:

OK, OK, I have to ask. Why are certain people so concerned with how loud one system is over another??? These are not BIG BLOCK Mopars or Chevys were talking about, with .600 lift cams and 11.1 comp, they are a V6 that isnt even as loud, with an open dump pipe, as most other street machines. If you really want your car that quiet, then dont worry about performance. ANY exhaust system has a drone, I dont care who makes it. The difference is each system does it at different RPM levels. I can drive my GN with the dump open and it still is quieter then my MAX WEDGE car that has dual 3 inch exhaust and Flowmaster R.V. mufflers all the way out the back. My point is these cars arent loud not matter what system you have. Even in the pits at BPG, the TSO cars, with systems, arent that loud and they'er 1400 HP.

thats weird my car with an open dump sounds like a big block!!! been told alot at car shows

thats weird my car with an open dump sounds like a big block!!! been told alot at car shows

A GN with an open dump sounds like an F-14 on the tarmac...:cool: Who dont love that turbo whine? Had a guy with a Vette tell me it sounded like a little "weed-eater". Since my GN isnt the fastest of my cars, I told him, well let me go my "leaf-BLOWER" and we'll see then.

Heres my "leaf-BLOWER"...he shut up real quick.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 155
A GN with an open dump sounds like an F-14 on the tarmac...:cool: Who dont love that turbo whine? Had a guy with a Vette tell me it sounded like a little "weed-eater". Since my GN isnt the fastest of my cars, I told him, well let me go my "leaf-BLOWER" and we'll see then.

Heres my "leaf-BLOWER"...he shut up real quick.
well when my car idles with the dump open it does not wine it lopes and is super loud. why i dont know. when i go to a show people come over after i park wondering if i stuck a v8 in it. B.T.W AWESOME CAR!!!