Which Drag radial is the best?

I'm running MT drag radials and they work great with the pressure set just right. I have been hearing great things about the M&H's drag radials and I will be trying those next.

how do those work in rain and snow :confused: lol, i really need to know! here in CO it can snow a few days and then be in the 60's-70's the next week. yep, my TR is a daily driver

what are you running on the fronts with those massive M/T's in rear?

I lived in Evergreen and Broomfield, you will need dedicated snow tires on a GN. The narrower the better for snow tires. When I lived in Colorado, I had 225 60 V rated yokohamas AVS with a tread pattern very near to the M&H drag radial (which I run now and even drove on the M&H DR's 1000 miles to Reynolds in my GN to run THS)

In Evergreen, I tried to drive my T which was sitting in the driveway into the garage when the first snow hitting the ground and it couldn't go up my near flat asphault driveway. It slid down the street. It sat in the middle of the street for 3 days with just a sprinkling of snow in Evergreen. My WRX wagon had zero trouble and it had Z rated all season 225 50 16 sumitomo's HTR's.

I live back in my home state of FL now :D

how do those work in rain and snow :confused: lol, i really need to know! here in CO it can snow a few days and then be in the 60's-70's the next week. yep, my TR is a daily driver

what are you running on the fronts with those massive M/T's in rear?

I don't drive my car in the snow and I try not to get caught in the rain but I'd imagine that they suck in the rain and snow would be out of the question.

I did cut a 1.54 60' with them and that's why I like them.

I'm running a 245/45/17 on the front.

Subscribed.

What pressures do you guys run?

I used to use BFG's and they were not consistent at all. I went to M/T ET Streets, but missed the stability you get at the big end of the track with a radial. Much less chance of getting out of the groove with a DR IMO.

Those look good but if you're going to run a 17 you need M/T 295/45/17. Mickey Thompson 3745R - Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires - Overview - SummitRacing.com
GNKIDSMISC115.jpg

GNKIDSMISC113.jpg

What kind of back spacing are you using on those drag lites?

MT Radials 235/60/15,16psi
1.65 60ft....never expected it out of such a small tire

MT DRs, 255/50/R16 on a 8" GTA at 17psi. Best 60' was a 1.57. ~8psi launch on a unprepared track. Full weight street legal car. Have run 275/60/15s with moderate success. They were free so I ain't complainin'...:wink:

Have run the same size BFG with success. Best 60' on those was a 1.65 I believe, but you need to really heat them up to make them hook.

My car seems to like 26" tires best however.

Those look good but if you're going to run a 17 you need M/T 295/45/17. Mickey Thompson 3745R - Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires - Overview - SummitRacing.com
GNKIDSMISC115.jpg

GNKIDSMISC113.jpg
Yours are where i got the inspiration for mine!!!! M/T all the way!!! Same size different wheels!!! What are you usin for rear suspension? Mine have rubbed like twice on big bumps but as i look your gap to the fenderwell is bigger than mine.. They hook like nothin ive ever had! Combine them with hydroboost 10 psi launch and hold on!!!!!!!!!! http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...heels/325101-look-what-finally-showed-up.html

Attachments

• IMG00118-20101108-1303.jpg
    IMG00118-20101108-1303.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG00119-20101108-1303.jpg
    IMG00119-20101108-1303.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG00056-20101016-1024.jpg
    IMG00056-20101016-1024.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 330
GOD I WOULD BE AS NERVOUS AS A WHORE IN CHURCH THINKING WHEELS AND TIRES THAT BIG WOULD FIT!!!!!:eek:

Yours are where i got the inspiration for mine!!!! M/T all the way!!! Same size different wheels!!! What are you usin for rear suspension? Mine have rubbed like twice on big bumps but as i look your gap to the fenderwell is bigger than mine.. They hook like nothin ive ever had! Combine them with hydroboost 10 psi launch and hold on!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great! Right now I'm running Cargo springs with Boxed upper control arms and Metco lowers with the ATR Sway bar and 2 air bags. They didn't rub with just the cargos and everything else stock.

Looks great! Right now I'm running Cargo springs with Boxed upper control arms and Metco lowers with the ATR Sway bar and 2 air bags. They didn't rub with just the cargos and everything else stock.
I have just cargos with everything else stock and its fine long as i dont hit big bumps im hoping adding my hr bar iceman uppers and lowers, and some new shocks will eliminate that prob...The only thing i can think is that my cargos are 6 years old i put them on my na regal when i broke a spring,then when i parted the car i put the spring on the gn they were better than my stockers,and my trick springs,i may put some brand new ones on and try them.Hmmmmm...

I have just cargos with everything else stock and its fine long as i dont hit big bumps im hoping adding my hr bar iceman uppers and lowers, and some new shocks will eliminate that prob...The only thing i can think is that my cargos are 6 years old i put them on my na regal when i broke a spring,then when i parted the car i put the spring on the gn they were better than my stockers,and my trick springs,i may put some brand new ones on and try them.Hmmmmm...
Well my cargos are at least 6 years old, not a ton of miles but they have been on the car for at least 6. That HR bar will make a huge difference. I wonder if those cargos are a different brand then mine?

i like the m/t's drag radials they work great,,, best years back had a 1.45 60ft with them but been running reg ole radials now and best i've had with them was a 1.62 60ft... hope to have it going better than last year looking for some 1.5's 60fts... and well in the 6's 1/8 mile...

I cut a 1.69 followed up by a 1.60 60ft on MT 275/60s. 16psi in 'em. 5psi then 8psi respectively off the t-brake. That 1.60 was dead hooked...all in a good vigorous burnout. Just hit wear bars on them too. I'll go back in the spring and work my way up to 15psi off the brake. Doing axle upgrades this winter.

I'm shocked no one is rooting for hoosier quicktime pro DOTs. I ran 2 or 3 sets of ET streets, 1 set of ET street radials and 1 Set of hoosier quicktime pro DOTs . The Hoosiers worked the best.... they wore out the least with the same amount of usage and hooked at least as good in every situation track or street as the ET Streets. The street radials wore out quick from being a lot softer than the streets or the quicktime pros however I should have done shorter burn outs with them as well. The section width was about 1 1/4 inches wider on the quicktime pro than the same measurement tire in a MT ET street tire. the tread was flatter as well, the tires also come to more of an edge at the corners.

I'm shocked no one is rooting for hoosier quicktime pro DOTs. I ran 2 or 3 sets of ET streets, 1 set of ET street radials and 1 Set of hoosier quicktime pro DOTs . The Hoosiers worked the best.... they wore out the least with the same amount of usage and hooked at least as good in every situation track or street as the ET Streets. The street radials wore out quick from being a lot softer than the streets or the quicktime pros however I should have done shorter burn outs with them as well. The section width was about 1 1/4 inches wider on the quicktime pro than the same measurement tire in a MT ET street tire. the tread was flatter as well, the tires also come to more of an edge at the corners.

What are your 60'? What does your car run?