Which Drag radial is the best?

Found someone selling a pair of Mickey Thompson 25.5x8's. Would these work. Thinking they are to narrow and not tall enough. What do you guys think?

would the 275/50/15 rub on my fender?? i have some 275/60/15 MT's on right now and they rub would going from a 60 to a 50 make the diffrence? they are f ing up my tires bad i can only have one persomr in my car or else it will blow my tire out. Also is there away to remove the pice that sticks in on the fender towards the wheel

MT 255/60/15 here no rub low 1.6 short times and others are doing well into the 1.5s with these. Good luck!

Jackstand had them for one race then the next race he had Hoosiers.

I'd stick with the Mickeys or the Hoosiers.

It's a great radial designed for drag racing. The sidewall probably has more to do with how well it works then tread pattern...or lack of:biggrin:
I have seen them up close and they look very little like something one would ever drive on the street and very much like a slick.

I guess as long as u stay outta the rain ull be fine. Then again the the MT suck in the rain to so what's the difference I guess.

Don Cruz was runnen them on his car when he went 8.1 @ 173 mph so Id say ur right they definately do work.:biggrin: I might try a set when it's time to replace my MT's. Do you know if they are available in a 325/50?

tires

I think the rubber technology has passed BF goodrich. I still remember when people called that drag radial the "grail". They may be in 4 th place now. I don't think that there name has been mentioned in this thread.

I gotta say if you're looking for "one step above" a regular street tire, the Nitto DRs are hard to beat... I would not waste my time again with BFGs.

I expect to get 10-12k miles out of these nittos, and I've beat the hell out of them on the street.

I was happy with the M&H DRs as well, they dead hooked no matter what. I have also heard nothing but good things about the MTs, but no personal experience with them.

hoosier's Drag radials arent DOT aproved. says so on the sidewall :eek:

Picture-389.jpg

you need M/T 295/45/17.

how do those work in rain and snow :confused: lol, i really need to know! here in CO it can snow a few days and then be in the 60's-70's the next week. yep, my TR is a daily driver

what are you running on the fronts with those massive M/T's in rear?