Which cellular phone company do you have?

charleslong

Hello guys,
I will be in the market for a new cell phone in about a month. I am with verizon right now, and im tired of saying "can you hear me now, GOOD".
Im looking for a good plan with about 500 or better anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends. I would also like to have internet service, and if broadband is available, that is a plus. Who is your cell phone provider, how is there service, and do you like there company? Also for you all out there that has hi speed broadband on your phones. How much does it cost all together and is it worth it? I travel alot since im in the Air Force, so it would be nice to have some kind of broadband and a laptop everywhere I go.
Thanks
Charles

I have a nextel, the service isn't too bad in the city, my parents live in the country and I do get signal over there just not the best. My boyfriend just got one and when opening a new account they have a new plan that is 500 anytime minutes free night and weekends and unlimited two-way. They do offer internet on their phones but I don't know anything about that, sorry. Hope this helps.

None. :)

Haven't overheard a cell phone conversation in months that was worth paying for. ;)

Sprint PCS...I like the service, and if you use the website (to pay your bill, chg your plan, etc.) then you don't even have to worry about customer service it just gets updated automatically, not that I've ever had a problem with customer service, they always treat me good...Last time I looked the plans weren't great, but if you keep an eye ouot on the website you can get some good deals...My original plan was so-so, but after a couple of months the plans changed and I got a plan with 300 anytime min. and unlimited nights/weekends AND unlimited PCS to PCS (nice cuz the woman has a sprint phone) for $35 a month excluding tax n stuff...That's with 0 internet access though, so I don't know much about that...I'm in the Air Force also, but I'm at Dover and people NEVER leave here so I just have Broadband in my apartment.

Hey you wouldn't know SRA Sieko <--(no idea how that's spelled Banner), or A1C Steven Fourmen would you?? They both work back shop avionics at Robins.

i have had verizion for 2 years now and like it a lot. only one problem wiht billing that was my banks fault, service is great. i had an issue with my phone being a POS and they gave me a new upgraded phone of much better quality for free. the service area is good, i tend to roam in the smaller towns but that is normal but the signal is always great.

Dathan

Sprint is great. You can do just about anything yourself from the website. I travel a lot and the signal is good.

I've had cingular, ATT, and verizon. and know people with t-mobile, sprint, and nextel. In my area Verizon is best, folowed by ATT. All the rest are horrible. sprint and t mobile are absolute trash follwed closely by cingular. it really depends on your area. I hear people tell me all the time that sprint is great but in my area it is THE WORST.

your best bet is verizon i think. You will be happiest with that.

I am also pretty sure that you can get out of your contract within the first 15 or so days if you dont like the service. I know people that have done that before.

whatever you do, dont sign a 2yr agreement!

I have had about all of them, and believe it or not, the best sevice I have had is with ATT. Never have to ask, "can you hear me now", cause I know they always can. Mark

I have T-Mobile, and the service is terrible. If I leave Metro-Phoenix, I cannot get a signal, even though the areas I go to are listed as areas that they cover. Their plan seemed like a good deal, but until they can provide better service, I would stay away.

I used to have Verizon, and that was by far the best service. I'll probably go back to them when my year's plan is up.

Sprint PCS! It's the greatest.

I pay $70 a month for 500 Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Nights and Weekends (Start at 8PM, rather than 9PM), Unlimited PCS to PCS Minutes, Roadside Rescue (With my GN, you need it), Unlimited Vision (High Speed Internet), and Free and Clear America (More coverage than you can imagine). It's the best I have ever had.

I've been with SPCS for more than three years, and going.

I am in the Navy, and it helps to have the coverage of SPCS whereever I go. The internet is high speed (up to 144 kbps), and cheap for only $10 a month. I used it in place of a cable modem for a long time.

Also, SPCS has the greatest selection of phones. Gadgets galore! I currently have the Samsung i500.

I can answer most any questions that you have about SPCS, feel free to ask.

I've been a Sprint PCS customer for six years.

IMPORTANT TIP: At the end of your first contractual obligation with them, call and say you want to quit. They'll best any competitor's offer to keep your business (plus credit your account for partial payment toward a new phone). Last month when I called, they offered 700 anytime minutes and 3k night and weekend minutes, with 500 PSC customer to Pcs customer minutes....Plus $75 Toward a new phone....All for $39.95 -keep in mind I've been with them 6 years....

I've had a customer service Rep rudely hang up on me....Their website can go down for months at a time....Expect annoying quirks in their "Voice mail" symbol on your phone display....Signal good only in populated areas unless you "Roam" for a dollar a minute. If a Base isn't in a Metro area, it won't have Sprint service....Customer service sucks big time........Other than that, its great ;)

Different areas of the country have more or less competition, California has awesome competition and awesome deals. Shop around.

Lee Burough
USAF Retired :cool: :)

We have used Sprint, AT&T, and finally Verizon and in our area Verizon has the absolute best coverage and clarity of them all.

nextel. had sprint before and it sucked down here. I never have signal problems with the nextel.

Originally posted by Slow91z
Sprint PCS...I like the service, and if you use the website (to pay your bill, chg your plan, etc.) then you don't even have to worry about customer service it just gets updated automatically, not that I've ever had a problem with customer service, they always treat me good...Last time I looked the plans weren't great, but if you keep an eye ouot on the website you can get some good deals...My original plan was so-so, but after a couple of months the plans changed and I got a plan with 300 anytime min. and unlimited nights/weekends AND unlimited PCS to PCS (nice cuz the woman has a sprint phone) for $35 a month excluding tax n stuff...That's with 0 internet access though, so I don't know much about that...I'm in the Air Force also, but I'm at Dover and people NEVER leave here so I just have Broadband in my apartment.

Hey you wouldn't know SRA Sieko <--(no idea how that's spelled Banner), or A1C Steven Fourmen would you?? They both work back shop avionics at Robins.

Thanks,
I dont know them right off hand, but I may if I see them in person. This is a pretty big base.

Originally posted by Slow91z

Thanks,
I dont know them right off hand, but I may if I see them in person. This is a pretty big base. Also I work in the surveillance radar section. In 116th

thanks everyone,
I currently have verizon, but I may end up keeping them. My plan is 400 anytime and unlimted nights and weekends for 39.99/month. I would like to get there hi-speed internet, but I think its like 70 bucks. (What a rip off!)
Anyone know if I can add another phone to this plan and how much would I look to pay?
Thanks
Charles