which alky to purchase?

greeneyegi

im finally ready to step up a level and go with an alky kit.ide like to know from fellow tr owners the best alky kit for our cars.how many differentbrand are their?i want the best.thanks guys

Most will say an alkycontrol kit from Julio!! great costomer service it's a progressive kit and it works!!

Do they sell e85 where you live? I'd go that route instead. How fast do you want to go? May just need a good pump and bigger injectors. You'll be buying a chip no matter which route you go anyways.

I'm partial to the trunk mount Cooling Mist kit, Adjustable with a lap top, or the control knobs on the controller. And the alky is away from possible ignition sources. Alky stays way cooler, and it works as well as a Razor kit, which is a good kit as well. Julio should look into marketing a trunk mount kit. It holds 1.5 gallons of go fast juice.

without a doubt alkycontrol.have them on 2 cars and it works and the teck support is excellent.

ive got new tt chip match 60 lb injctrs,walbro fp,all the typical stuff,everything works great ,so i figured alky is best next step,im in n cali,dont know how easy to get juice tho

I'm partial to the trunk mount Cooling Mist kit, Adjustable with a lap top, or the control knobs on the controller. And the alky is away from possible ignition sources. Alky stays way cooler, and it works as well as a Razor kit, which is a good kit as well. Julio should look into marketing a trunk mount kit. It holds 1.5 gallons of go fast juice.

Julio can make it any way you want. I have a trunk mount goin in the Mazda/Buick. :cool:

ive got new tt chip match 60 lb injctrs,walbro fp,all the typical stuff,everything works great ,so i figured alky is best next step,im in n cali,dont know how easy to get juice tho

You can use Methyl Hydrate, available at all Home Depot, Lowes etc... There should be no problem getting it in Cali. It's basically alcohol derived from wood. I use it and have been using it for years.

Jim

Call around to local race shops to find who sells methanol locally, that is what most are using. I get it for $4.25/gallon.

RAZOR'S kit for sure. Next find out where your local go-cart kids are getting their meth. Those little suckers fly and they use the same fuel.

Oh by the way...RAZORS kit!!! Hands down, you wont find any better customer service and I know. Ive had "other" kits.

:biggrin:

There is a drawback to Razor's kit though..............We keep getting Nasty Grams from our local track because we run too fast on pump gas and alcohol. 10.12@136.:p

Razors kit and here is why....

I have an 87 T Type with RAzors kit on it. I had to turn off the second fuel pump because the alky pump threw so much at it I didn't need the second pump at all. Meaning one fuel pump and the alky will get you in all of the trouble you want.

My Dad's 87 GN with the same motor, different turbo has an SMC kit on it. I have to use both fuel pumps on the car no matter what. I have to trigger the SMC pump to come on at 15 psi and spray from there. Bottom line, Razors kit is better, the pump is much bigger and gives you much more flexibility in tuning and a greater amount of boost that you can run safely without starving the motor for fuel.

Alkycontrol for the win. Nothing saying you can't mount something in the trunk for a reservoir. Julio supplied me with longer harnesses for the pump, longer supply line and a check valve. Mounted the pump out back with a Metco cell where the spare tire goes. Check it out...... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...tech/305551-metco-fuel-cell-install-pics.html

I never saw that thread before Mark, but I was thinking that same exact thing. I just dont want to drill a hole in the trunk floor of a 24k mile car. Its the only thing holding me back.

:biggrin: