Where's Josh?

I'm here now and then! I have been so busy with my new towing business that I have had little time to deal with it. I did tear the front cover off and found some fractures and a few teeth missing on the stock 26K timing set so I installed a double roller and turned it over and still had no compression. Then I pulled a few plugs and when I pulled out #2 the plug electrode was smashed over to one side like something made contact with the plug. (NOT GOOD!) so I pushed it in the corner for another day. I'm ganna pull the motor back out as soon as I get a chance and pull off the heads. Gene suspected bent valves back when we were talking about it months ago and that looks like a good possibility maybe some more mayham too. Those were brands new Champion Irons, so maybe if something is wrong with them I can get a new pair. I guess I won't know until I tear down! I think I will do a cam this time too. I'm thinking a 206/206 will do.

I finally got around to pulling the motor and doing a tear down! The #2 piston had the edge blown off (detonation ?) and threw some little piece up threw the intake into other cylinders. The #2 cylinder bore has some minor scaring and will probably need to go 20 over. The block is bare now and I considering sending it to Dan Stezo for a stroker kit. :eek: I hope to have it back together for TT8 but Dan is backed up with motor builds so we'll see!