Where would our vendors be if it wasnt for this message board?

325DR

I was thinking about how awesome it is that even though we have such a small community, there are vendors, several vendors I might add, that are still creating products for our cars.

Without this message board, I wouldnt know anything. Even though I learn as I go, I would have no idea where to start, what was out there, or anything except word of mouth from people in the area who just happened to have a turbo buick.

I wouldnt have any idea about any of the parts I have on my car if it wasnt for this message board. How did I find out about the THPD? From here. How did I find out about the Translator and Extender combo? From here. How did I find out about Direct Scan? From here.

Think about it. If it wasnt for this website (or turbobuicks.com), how in the hell would we know about any of this? Would the vendors have even half the business that they have now? Would they still be designing and testing new parts? I dont think they would because the demand would be less. What do you think it would be like?

Amen,
and
Bingo.

From the whining at times, you'd think they were making Billions every year.
Yes, there have been items that didn't work, as well as those that are great.

Some stuff ain't gonna work, and we (as a community) need to realise that, and when something fails, take it as a lesson, and some lessions are expensive.

IMO, alot more thought needs put into what's the long term effect of how we treat our vendors. Yes, in any group there are some theives, BUT, sometimes mistakes do happen.

IF the GN community is to survive, we have to pull together as a group. Probably won't happen, but I can wish can't I?.

God I know I would be totally lost and over my head with my car if it wasn't for this place.

It is great that we have vendors that support us and generally steer us the right way on purchases and advice instead of trying to get over on us.

I can't think of a single transaction that I have had that has had a problem or I felt like someone was trying to get over on me.

Here is a partial list of vendors that I have used to modify and restore my 87 T over the last 2 1/2 years...

Kirban's
Poston's
ATR
Muscle Car Salvage (Mike McCoy)
G Body Parts.Com (Brian Weaver)
PTS (WE4)
Mease Performance Engineering (Keith Mease)
Jay Jackson
Dynotech (Eric Shertz)
DRW Transmission (Don Wang)
Mark Hueffman (Big Mouth)

and many private transactions on the for sale section

This place is priceless in MHO!!
:D :D

I agree with the list above, but truly appreciate the "smaller" vendors that are inovating items for our small community like Steve Chlupsa, Mark Hueffman and Jason Cramer (RJC).
"God bless those guys real good".

Don't forget Jack Cotton.He's a hell of a guy and a great vendor also.:cool:

Originally posted by bruce
Amen,
and
Bingo.

From the whining at times, you'd think they were making Billions every year.
Yes, there have been items that didn't work, as well as those that are great.

Some stuff ain't gonna work, and we (as a community) need to realise that, and when something fails, take it as a lesson, and some lessions are expensive.

IMO, alot more thought needs put into what's the long term effect of how we treat our vendors. Yes, in any group there are some theives, BUT, sometimes mistakes do happen.

IF the GN community is to survive, we have to pull together as a group. Probably won't happen, but I can wish can't I?.

I agree 100% with your post, however, I think we will survive because more and more each day I meet people that really want one of these cars or people that have a TR and are very in love with the car.... One thing that makes me breath easier everyday with these cars is the fact that a company/vendor like TA Performance is developing new products such as the TA aluminum block and heads which are VERY important IMHO to the survival of our community.... I think a lot of people that own these cars know they have something special and don't mind spending the extra cash for a product that would normally be cheaper if they owned a Chevy or Mustang.... It is also VERY important for us to treat the vendors with respect IMO and understand that sometimes things go wrong without their control and that problems can/do occur with certain products.... Just my opinion :)

I AGREE,
I've made my modifications and improvements from posts on this site of what other people have done, instead of a lot of trial and error. I've asked a lot of questions and got a lot of answers to things I didn't know, made a lot of my installations easier.
The only problem with this site is that every time I think I have my GN where I want it, :( I see something else that sounds like a good improvement and spend some more $$$$$$$$$$$$
So another one of the T/R venders will benifit from my new found modification.
12 inch front rotors are sounding pretty good as my next improvement. :D
Tarey D.:cool:

It's just to bad certain ones out there have screwed up payment and repayment systems. (Southern Kustoms and Racing).

Took me 3 months to get my $355 back when they charged me twice for one set of injectors.