Where to mount the scanmaster?

Bird of Prey

hey guys. i'm desperate. I don't know where and how to mount that scanmaster. double sided duct tape doesnt work at all, when the scanmaster is mounted upside down. (which is what i want)

show some pics pls!

matt

I mounted mine next to the apillar. Go to radioshack and get their double sided tape. It has worked for 2 years in my dads car and it sits out in 100 degree summer heat and 10 degree winter cold and hasnt moved.

Jason

3m makes a tape I think made for installing moldings and emblems, it's grey in color and thin but holds great. I've had my scanmaster mounted upside down under the dash pad right in the middle of the two gauges for the last 5 years with no problems. Yeah it blocks the turn signal and high beam indicators a bit but to me it's more important to have the scanmaster right in my line of sight.

HTH,
Steve

man, i hate the thought of drilling holes in my dashboard!

maybe there are other ideas of mounting this &*%! scanmaster

I took my ashtray out, and mounted mine with double stick tape in there. It's still pretty easy to see there.

Ok. Get some banding material ( black stuff you see from pallets ect.) put four brakes in it at 90 degrees fitting the outside of the SM. leave extra material on both sides like ears and mount under dash. You will have bolts from the dash pad to anchor it down. I tried every tape and alcohol wips ect. This was the best for me.

Also run the wire with black tape down to the steering wheel panel. HTH

PS.
Mounting it just above the turn signals allows to glue your eyes to it while racing.

I used two little, velcro, round "dots". That way I can move it to tune from under the hood or to clean the dash. Run the wire down behind the speedo surround.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 221
mount it under the lower trim piece of dash. Use the velcro stuff(not really velcro) That the EZ pass tags use. It holds forever and you can remove the scanmaster whev=never you want without ripping both pieces off.......

Velcro Dots: This is the first hit I got when I Googled it. You can get them at hardware of craft stores in smaller packs. I have two dime sized ones and they have held it in place for 3 years. You can remove it and put it right back. And they will not damage your dash.

Velcro® Tape - Uline

i see! but the glue that's holding the "valcro" has to be strong enough to hold on the plastic! and i'm afraid, once i sprayed my dash with some kind of silicone for the better shine! now it won't hold at all. okay. i will do some testing with different stuff, mentionned here. thx!

This is how I have mine mounted, its out of the way when racing but its not bad. I love the confused look on peoples faces when they pull up next to me and see the blinking lights with the WTF look on their face!!

KrissPix.jpg
[/IMG]

i see! but the glue that's holding the "valcro" has to be strong enough to hold on the plastic! and i'm afraid, once i sprayed my dash with some kind of silicone for the better shine! now it won't hold at all. okay. i will do some testing with different stuff, mentionned here. thx!

Clean the area where your mounting the scanmaster with rubbing alcohol, that will get any armor all off and it will stick like glue after that. My buddy did my install and I had the same question as I had just armor all'd the interior.:redface:

okay. so you say, the dashboard won't be ruined after washing the place where to install the sm with alcohol? because when i wiped the sm with nitro/alcohol it turned some kind of white..

I cleaned off the dash with the alcohol and then put double stick tape on it. Its been on there for at least a year with no problems.:cool:

thx for your help guys. now i found the best way to mount the scanmaster. there is a screw which is holding the plastic tile of the dashboard. i drilled a hole into the upper part of the sm and screwed it with the dashboard. removable without any damages and it holds well.

img0021re6.jpg

matt