Where to get MAF for translator ???

FRANKIEz28

Frankie -n- Theresa
I just got my X-Mas present early but the wife didn't get the MAF with the translator so I need to know where do I get the MAF from & what exactly do I ask for .

Thanks Guys
FRANKIEz

Originally posted by FRANKIEz28
I just got my X-Mas present early but the wife didn't get the MAF with the translator so I need to know where do I get the MAF from & what exactly do I ask for .

Thanks Guys
FRANKIEz

I believe most guys are getting theres from ramchargers.com and im looking into the same thing. You may want to do a search for maf and translators or trans +. For what its worth i will be going with the LS1 3.5 inch and the T+ with the extender chip the next time around.

Originally posted by FRANKIEz28
I thought I could buy locally:confused:

Unless any of the vendors are in your area. I think most of the board members are getting there upgraded goodies from outside vendors. In this case for mafs,translators,ect.. ramchargers is a good place to start. Im sure you will get other suggestions on the maf. Such as the boneyard off the 96-97 impalas. But if you have some cash, you may want to get them new and know you got good stuff :D

Check the "for sale" sections of LS1.com and camaroz28.com. The MAF you're looking for is either a 98-03 LS1 MAF, or a 93-97 LT1 MAF. You can also get the LT1 MAF off a 94-96 Chevy Impala SS or LT1 Caprice Classic, however, it is only a 3" unit, while the ones off the f-bodies are 3.5".

Peter

3" or 3.5", they're GM MAFs, so you can get them from any GM dealer...

I believe Bob Bailey posted a list of acceptable and preferred MAFs a while ago, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Search TurboBob...

:D

FRANKIEz I have a 3.5unit I will sell for 75.00 shipped if you want it let me know.

Frankie,

Spend once and go BIG and go Translator PLUS .

It gives you much more ability to tune and will make you:D