Where to buy a frame notch kit?

rking

Who carries these? Only one I could find is from gbodyparts.com, is that it?

TIA

I don't recall anyone else off hand. But as someone who tried to install a boxing kit today unsuccessfully, I would suggest you do it yourself. The frames on these cars seem to have very...umm...loose...tolerances.

kit? Are you doing it yourself? I had a race shop fab up my El Camino frame for a notch to the inner skins. No kit was used.

Heck... there is even a dude on craigslist back home that offers what ever you want for a G-Body on craigslist.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/5253410096.html

He does good work in my opinion.

00Z0Z_fpbwujDaOu_600x450.jpg

00n0n_bsGE5QZRasn_600x450.jpg

Who carries these? Only one I could find is from gbodyparts.com, is that it?

TIA
There was an individual board member that was selling the kits. for a while, but stopped due to a lock of interest on the part of the board members.
El Corvino- nice job

Thank ya!

Again, for JUST notching the frame at home, you could always... measure 5X... brace the frame... cut out the piece, shave off the meat... weld the stock skin back on. That covers your bend. Hit the hardware store for the metal of where you brought it in. Also, there are no bends when boxing the frame, or running support bars from each side of the frame so you don't twist it from the torque.

I have pic's from the factory's frame dimensions if you'd need them.

Here is just a slight notch from my car if you want a 10" rim.

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

The aftermath worked well... Nitto radials for just playing... 315's with space to spare.

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

If you are doing it yourself, that should give you a good idea. Not sure how much room you are attempting to get though.

That was my first picture and suggestion. But not everyone has the money sitting around or the knowledge to do that... and not everyone wants to run a 20" wide rim. lol

Oh, and states too...

I'm from Florida. I can register and drive a bench on a frame. We don't have inspections. Don't know how stuff like that flies in states with inspections

Just remember... the more HP and TQ you plan on having... Boxing and Bracing are your friends...

IMG_3065.jpg

I'm trying to do the mental gymnastics to figure out if this setup would be beneficial at the rear, tying in the rear lower LCA mounts and extending forward on the frame from there. Might be able to get a twofer. :)

Thank ya!

Again, for JUST notching the frame at home, you could always... measure 5X... brace the frame... cut out the piece, shave off the meat... weld the stock skin back on. That covers your bend. Hit the hardware store for the metal of where you brought it in. Also, there are no bends when boxing the frame, or running support bars from each side of the frame so you don't twist it from the torque.

I have pic's from the factory's frame dimensions if you'd need them.

Here is just a slight notch from my car if you want a 10" rim.

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

Why did you notch your frame so far forward? Your wheel well opening on your rear quarter panel ends like 6" further back.

i-T6L5Pk2-X2.jpg

i-9Qx52gP-X2.jpg

I wouldn't advocate notching right up to body mount #4. You're skinning the frame right where the rear LCA mounts to the frame. Not a good idea IMO.

That was for a different G-body. My El Camino needed it done that way because I put 20X10 with 305 Nitto radials on it. It worked out perfectly.