where is o2 sensor on 87?

Right behind and under the turbo, it points toward the block. You can see it if you look between the turbo and block by the water pump. It should have a purple wire going to it

And, if it's been updated to a modern heated 02 sensor, it will have 4 wires running to it.

Hope yours does! :)

Welcome to the board!!

Thanks for the info. I will look in the morning, as it is dark now.
Should I be upgrading to a heated sensor? This may be an ignorant thing to point out, but it never gets below 40 degrees here. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Heated 02 Sensors

Brad,

Heated 02 sensors work well in any temperature/geographic region.

There is a current Tech thread titled: "Heated 02 sensors".
Look that one up...It'll be on the current board at least over the week-end.

This may be an upgrade you'll strongly consider if the previous owner did not. It'd likely be the last one you'd ever need.

HTH :)

Doesnt matter about the climate your in, the heated 02 resists the lead in race gas, prevents the sensor from dying.

I must offer a dissenting opinion. :) The only value of a heated O2 is for cars that locate them far enough down in the exhaust where they don't heat adequately on their own. The Buick definitely doesn't have that problem! In my experience, the heated ones don't last any longer with lead either, they just may not set a code when they're dead/dying.

Originally posted by KendallF
I must offer a dissenting opinion. :) The only value of a heated O2 is for cars that locate them far enough down in the exhaust where they don't heat adequately on their own. The Buick definitely doesn't have that problem! In my experience, the heated ones don't last any longer with lead either, they just may not set a code when they're dead/dying.

But Kendall, my experiences have been totally different. When trying to run regular sensors (AFS 21 or 22) I honestly can't get more than 3-5 runs in at the track with a brand new sensor before it really starts crapping out, and by the end of the day, the car WILL NOT run at normal idle.

On the other hand, when running AFS 74's I can get at least a good half season out of one. The sensor doesn't die, or even act up after many trips to the track, and being a daily driver, if it were acting up the street manners would some how suffer.
They DO NOT.

I can always tell several months after installation when it's starting to wear out though because the cross counts start getting lazy, and the BLM's will usually start moving in one direction or the other.

Let's All Learn More About 02 Sensors!

Don't forget to share your thoughts, opinions, & experiences
on Heated 02 Sensors (versus Non-Heated Sensors) on the
current thread in Tech titled "Heated 02 Sensors".

Thanks for ALL replies!

:)