Where is everyone putting IAT sensors on these things?

MikeStarner

Broke Guy
Im looking to install an IAT as my last chip was cut with it and I already had the kit. Where should I place it? I was thinking rear egr tube connection since my champions don't have egr ports anyway, but can't find the adapter I need. Any ideas? I figure in the intake will help to tune the alky.

Im looking to install an IAT as my last chip was cut with it and I already had the kit. Where should I place it? I was thinking rear egr tube connection since my champions don't have egr ports anyway, but can't find the adapter I need. Any ideas? I figure in the intake will help to tune the alky.

Mine is right in front of the MAF. Brad

That far out is helpful? I was thinking if anywhere other than the intake, then it would be in front of the TB

Also brad aren't you running e85? How big of a pump and injectors you running? My 50s are maxed on pump gas at 18psi now.

i put mine in the intake elbow where the stock tube for the pcv system from the valve cover hooked up.

Also brad aren't you running e85? How big of a pump and injectors you running? My 50s are maxed on pump gas at 18psi now.

Mike- I am running 93 octane with methanol. 20 lbs boost and 42.5 injectors(80%dutycycle), Walbro 340 and no knock. My car is done though. Brad

Oh so pretty much my setup, gotcha I thought for some reason you joined the corn fuel crowd, sorry. I'm getting mine back together as we speak and going for 20lb with alky and hoping no knock, we will see. Thanks brad on the advice btw, you've been helpful every time I needed it.