Where does this purple wire go? Engine harness

bishir

Serenity Now
I'm in the process of installing a new Casper engine harness. Any idea where this purple wire attaches?

Oops... I'm thinking starter. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1398287887.328392.jpg

Yup. I just installed the Casper's positive and negative battery cables in the GN--the new wiring sure makes the rest of my harness look quite old and dated...

Yup. I just installed the Casper's positive and negative battery cables in the GN--the new wiring sure makes the rest of my harness look quite old and dated...

Jay, I posted pics of my install in my build thread, but you're right. I really like the new harness and the fact the sensor wires are longer and I can run them under the intake plenum. Did you mount your terminals on the firewall?

I just wish he made a front light/turn signal harness so II could update everything...

No, I left everything pretty much in the stock configuration. BTW, how hard was the harness to install? Did you accomplish it with the engine in or out of the car? (Sorry, I didn't go back to your build thread to see if the answer was there...)

My new harness is hanging in place at the moment, and I haven't screwed in any hangers. Mine is easy so far, but I have the front clip off of the car. You're going to have to remove the passenger side inner fender at a minimum so you can access the hole for where the harness goes into the passenger compartment. John adds some neat features to the harness and he'll go over it with you when you order to determine what you do/don't want. My biggest question at the moment is where do I mount this thing? I can try following the factory harness path, but reusing the factory clips is out since this one comes with brackets that take self tapping screws. It looks like a few screws will have to go into the heater/ac box and I'm worried about screwing into something important.

I don't think you will hit anything important--but as deep as you have been inside your car, I'm surprised that you haven't replaced the heater core with the brass unit from Highway Stars? Once you pop the top off the heating/cooling box you can see where to place your mounting screws so you won't interfere with any crucial parts or pieces... Just thinkin out loud here...

Another thought: someone here very likely has some pics of the hvac system with the top off of it that they could post, so you can do your fastener placement with confidence...