New Camera 016.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 401
  • New Camera 017.jpg
    New Camera 017.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 396
  • New Camera 018.jpg
    New Camera 018.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 397
The bottom one goes across the ends of the Riviera front frame braces.

front%20frame%20braces.jpg

If you look closely, my black bar is different from yours. I think that is why I am confused to where it goes.

If you look closely, my black bar is different from yours. I think that is why I am confused to where it goes.

same location.. yours is probably just OEM.. there have been a few different versions of this reinforcement. I know Kirbans has switched there design through the years. HTH

Those other braces wont work on a G-Body. Those are from a 80-96 B-Body(Caprice). They go behind the front crossmember. Tie the crossmember to the side rails. They are welded on although you could probably drill some holes and use self threading bolts. The 2nd gen F-Body used something simular. I dont know why they never used something like this on a G-Body. Maybe thats what the 2 front braces off a Cutlass or GrandPrix do?

Not to hijack a thread.
Alan, I noticed the extra air dam section behind and under the front braces, what's up with that? Does it help funnel more air to the IC scoop? Are they angled in toward the IC scoop? I have that rear air dam from a 84 part-out I did sitting on a shelf and could do the same :biggrin: if it helps. Please let me know, Regards, Tim
The bottom one goes across the ends of the Riviera front frame braces.

front%20frame%20braces.jpg

Not to hijack a thread.
Alan, I noticed the extra air dam section behind and under the front braces, what's up with that? Does it help funnel more air to the IC scoop? Are they angled in toward the IC scoop? I have that rear air dam from a 84 part-out I did sitting on a shelf and could do the same :biggrin: if it helps. Please let me know, Regards, Tim

Everything you see under there is all original stock parts. (except of course the added metal braces).

Hmmm... interesting, I don't have this section of air dam on 87, like I said I have a full across one on the shelf from an 84, seems I will be cutting it and installing it like the photo. Doesn't really surprise me... previous owner did have his own way of doing thing on this car:mad: .

Attachments

• dam.JPG
    dam.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 189
that section of air dam is probably just htere to keep air from getting under the car and causing aerodynamic drag. it also keeps air from building up behind the radiator in the engine bay, which allows the air that hits the front of the radiator to actually flow thru and help keep things cool.