Where do I post.....

Mera

I keep looking for a general chat area. I want to ask if there is a list of the factory options that were available on the 87 GN and what they are. I can't seem to find a suitable area for doing just that?

Soon to get my 87 hardtop GN.

Thanks
Rodney

I keep looking for a general chat area. I want to ask if there is a list of the factory options that were available on the 87 GN and what they are. I can't seem to find a suitable area for doing just that?

Soon to get my 87 hardtop GN.

Thanks
Rodney

Maybe, try here. Also, do a search. There is a site that has all the option codes....

http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

the gn was standard with LC2 3.8turbo , 2004r, 8.5" rear with 3.42 gears, A/C , blk /gray bucket console interior , black exterior, ps , power master brake system
posi was optional except on GNs built after sept 1987,

common options are power window , doorlocks tilt ,cruise , rear defog, power driver seat , deck release , ttops, visor lamp, dome reading lamp, power antenna ,equalizer stereo cassette, concert sound , body side mlds
not so common options ... astro roof , security , twilight sentinel , trunk kit
being options they could build a GN without them

Last edited:
If you have any trouble figuring it out Rodney, shoot me a private message and I will help you out. The answers all lie in the RPO sticker on the inside of your trunk. Good luck.

Picked up the GN last night. Like driving a new car/it still is for the most part a new car. Never abused and never modified in any way. :) I printed out the sheet as mentioned above. I'll check it over against the sticker in the trunk to see what it has.

Thanks
Rodney
1987 GN hardtop, loaded and only 9800 miles.

PS: It will stay all stock and OEM GM as much as possible. Tires and battery have been changed. New brake accumulator (the German one on eBay). Past that it is all original. Just as I like it. Bought NOS GM aluminum door sills off eBay (2 pair). I'll be putting one pair in soon. Originals are nice but have some slight scuffs. I will try to not scuff the new ones. Electric antenna may not work. Probably does not work. I bought a NOS GN electric antenna off eBay. I may put it in and wire in a toggle switch (under the dash) so I can turn it on and off so I choose when it goes up and down.

Can't wait till I go to some local cars shows this summer to show an all original 87 GN. :)

Rodney

PSS. I won the GM NOS underhood mat off eBay a few days ago. Might be here today. I'm not sure if I'll change mine out but I'll have it on hand if I decide to. :)

Rodney