Where do GN owners hang out in So.Florida?

slickv6

I have owned GN's for over 10 years but never seem to find where the local GN owners hang out here in So.Florida. I live in Miami. Any help is appreciated.

Don't know if you've ever heard of the car show that is held at Towershops in Davie every Friday (weather permiting of course).... Usually a few Turbo Buicks out there on any given Friday night just depends on your luck really......

Thanks for the reply 86brick. I actually knew about the Tower Shops. I went there a couple of times approx. 3 years ago and on each occassion there were only 2-3 Turbo Buicks counting mine. I guess I'll try again soon to see if I run into more a few more fellow Turbo Buick owners. I was also wondering if there were any Turbo Buick clubs down here. I really want to be able to make some free time to attend some shows and actually enjoy owning my GN more. I know I'll never get back time lost over the more than 10 years I have owned one but better late than never...and now is as good time as ever to start showing it as you go months before spotting one on the street. I also have a friend who recently bought a 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB who would love to attend shows with me. Once again thanks.

No problem.. For a while we had the SFTBC (South Florida Turbo Buick Club) going pretty well and we were meeting at Towers the last Friday of every month, but lately there is not much steady participation with guys showing up out there so really not much of a club anymore... Guess it's just a combination of everybody having different schedules and being too busy with their family's, etc. to always make it out there :(

Regardless maybe I'll catch you out there one night.. What color is your GN? :wink: :biggrin:

I have an 87 GN with 18K miles on it...still has the original paint so its still black. LOL. This one I bought in 96 when it had 9K miles. Have done a few things to it, mostly cosmetics and to improve on the factory standards of the time. The factory wheels for example is one of the few things about the GN's that I really dislike so out they went although I have them stored along with the original Goodyear Eagle GT tires and in came a set of 16" Centerline wheels with a set of BF's Competition tires, yes they rub a little bit. Besides that I have done a few chrome parts on the engine bay, a 3" Houston downpipe and a cat-back Flowmaster dual exhaust with no cat...replaced it with a straight test pipe. My first GN was also an 87 which I bought in 92 with 13K miles and sold in 96 a few months after I got the one I have now, so yes for a while I had them both...that was sweet. It had 50K miles when I sold it.

86brick said:
No problem.. For a while we had the SFTBC (South Florida Turbo Buick Club) going pretty well and we were meeting at Towers the last Friday of every month, but lately there is not much steady participation with guys showing up out there so really not much of a club anymore... Guess it's just a combination of everybody having different schedules and being too busy with their family's, etc. to always make it out there :(

Regardless maybe I'll catch you out there one night.. What color is your GN? :wink: :biggrin:

Steve, I nominate you to take over the club. I know Alex wouldn't mind.

What do you say? :D

jsta6 said:
Steve, I nominate you to take over the club. I know Alex wouldn't mind.

What do you say? :D

Shawn, Seeing how I won't be down here all that much longer (should be moved up to North Florida by this summer) it doesn't make much sense...

im in miami too... i just picked up a 84 gn and it seems i cant find anyone down here with these cars...

Fuddruckers In Pinecrest

They had stopped for a while but the Fuddruckers in Pinecrest (US1 & 104 SW STREET) is again holding car shows the first Saturday of every month...a friend of mine went this past Saturday but only saw one Turbo Buick, a he thinks it was a T-Type whom the owner was selling and probably wanted to get some extra exposure to potential buyers. Besides that the only other option seems to be the Tower Shops in Davie every Saturday although I know thats kind of a long ride for us down here in Miami.

Im in fort laud and have been trying to meet every friday but not too many people are showing up but it's still fun to see other car enthusiats like me besides gets me out of the house and away from the wife for a lil bit

We just need a place to meet.

Towers is to much of a cluster and we can't save spots.

We got kicked out of the Oakwood plaza in Hollywood.

Berry's changed owners and we can't meet there anymore.

I don't know what happend with the Steak and Shake. Did we get kicked out or did we just stop going?

Yesterday, I asked my church (corner of 441 and Taft in Hollywood) if we could meet there once a month. I haven't heard back yet.

I still have the member list. It has over 50 names on it.
Our web site is gone, but we still have the email list:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/sftbc_newsletter/?tab=s

yea its getting hard... down here in miami when i still had my cobra we would meet at fudruckers off 104 and us1 but then that went WAY downhill and eveyone had to screw it up being stupid. i went by there 3 weeks ago and i saw a sweet clean 87 GN and a white t type. i tried talking to the t type guy and he blew me off and laughed when i told him i had a 84. so i just said screw it. towers is nice every once in a while but driving up there every ffriday gets old. we should make it like once a month or something.

Steak and Shake could still work..but it is up in broward.(coral springs/margate) Second Sat of the month could be good..let me know. :cool:

blackshoebox said:
Steak and Shake could still work..but it is up in broward.(coral springs/margate) Second Sat of the month could be good..let me know. :cool:

Just seems to be to far West to me...

gn here

i live in miami, and i make it to the towershops as much as possible, but i agree it is packed, hollywood would be nice or miramar, but i leave that up to you guys. XcessiveBoost don't worry about the fools brushed you off buick guys have more class than that.I live in miami and i don't know of any other buick in my area also, so your not alone bud :cool:

Carlos E.