Where Can Oil Leak From?

I agree with the majority here, one of the first things you learn about these cars is they leak oil......... from everywhere. At first its very frustrating, then challenging and finally you accept it and laugh about it. The sooner you get to the third step the better.

I am at the second stage now:redface: I really hope that you aren't right.

I found the main leak which was the driver's side valve cover gasket. I have cork gaskets now with the Buick Motorsports VC. I guess I will be trying the FelPro PermaDry gaskets. A lot of people like them and this is the second set of cork that is leaking with only about 16 lbs boost.
The leak was coming down my engine, and falling down by the flexplate/flywheel cover and then dripping off of the engine cradle crossmember. After doing some research it seems that different valve covers like certain valve cover gaskets:rolleyes:

Anyone else using the FelPro PermaDry with the Buick Motorsports valve covers?

weird place for oil

WOW - I almost passed out from laughing while reading this. Here's a weird place for oil:

Drove the car to work friday and noticed one of the turn signal bulbs was out. stopped at the parts tore on the way home to pick up a bulb. In the parking lot, I unscrewed the tail lamp assembly, twisted the bulb socket off and...two spots of OIL on my finger!! WTF could that have come from????

I think mine leaks from "nowhere", too. I just keep a sheet of 1/4" plywood on the garage floor where it's parked. I figure I'll have to replace it about once a year!!!

UPDATE: Turbo was leaking, replaced that-wastegate leak is now gone. Have a breather catchcan setup coming from both valve covers and PCV catchcan. The FelPro Perma Dry's are doing a fine job with the Buick Motorsport valve covers. Had the whole engine washed down and only an oil pan gasket was found leaking. Having that done. One step closer. I am so excited:D

I have to do the same thing GNICETY! Just put my transmission in and notice my oil pan was leaking. Fix one thing there will always be another one to fix.