Where can I get the plastic cover that goes over the EGR valve?

turbotaone

I'm missing the black plastic cover that goes over the EGR valve. Are these still available from GM? Are they TTA specific?

Thanks
James.

If you know what you are looking for and can recognize it, they are on many GM cars of that era....Walk through your local parts yard. :)

If you know what you are looking for and can recognize it, they are on many GM cars of that era....Walk through your local parts yard. :)

That's how I found one. However I see them on ebay on and off, cant remember the sellers name but they are new GM so guess they are still avalible.

The GM part number for it is 17069228 long discontinued but you might get lucky with a local dealer.

Millions of them in the boneyards. They are used on every SFI 3.8/3800 Buick motor in the late 80's. That eBay auction is incorrect. They never used the covers on Fieros. And they fit any EGR valve.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try to get to the local boneyard tomorrow morning and if I can't find one then I'll still have time to bid on the one that Jan found for me.

James.