Where can I get reasonably priced hot air headers????

Hotair85

mmmmmmmmmmmmm TURBO!!!!!!
I need a set of headers at a reasonable price... I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this thread either.

I'm broke and in college :( I NEED GUIDANCE!!!! :confused:

Originally posted by Hotair85

I'm broke and in college :(

haha...i hear that!

only headers i know that are still in production are the Poston($600+ ?) and ATR ($620). Not exactly like buying Hookers for a SBC ehh...:rolleyes:

that is of course unless you find a nice used set. however there are other more important things to do before the headers.

later, steve

I did postons...best choice I think for the time slips I want...I am a senior at William Paterson University in NJ, and I know the feeling of broke college kid with a potentially fast car and a dream!!!

Good luck, but Postons I think is more than reputable....They make a great header set, and you get what you pay for.

John

I have a set of original stock headers that are sitting in my the trunck of my car. I bought my 85 GN last year with 79,000 miles, original motor, original rubber on engine, no modifications on engine. I have subsequently had the engine remanufactured, larger cam, cold air kit, new poston exhaust headers, hooker exaust, and hot wire kit.

The exhaust headers are in good shape(never been repaired) If you are interested- Please let me know. I can also email detailed pictures if you are interested

Brad

I know of a set of old "NEW" duttweiler headers for sale.

Never been run, been sitting in box. I am suppose to get pics online for seller, but been to busy and couldnt' find camera when I did have time.

I think he is looking for $600 OBO, but don't quote me.

I pulled the headers out of my trunck an looked at them. The do not have any cracks at all. There is an old surface weld on the drivers side header to secure the heat shield. There is also old dents on each header. The drivers side has a 1/4 dent on the pipe closest to the radiator. The passenger side has a dent of 1/3 inch on the main tube over the exhaust port closest the firewall. Please let me know if you want any more info. Thanks- Brad I can also send pictures.

welcome to the turbo buick world. you now can officially remove the word "cheap" from your vocabulary lol.

Id check the Used parts forum, or if you want new, i have never seen them cheaper then $600

alot of my buddies have other cars (mustangs camaros etc)
when i tell them what headers cost for my car, they are like :eek:
lol

its good to have friends in the Tb world.. thats the only way you can save a buck or 2

I have really liked the atr system. I'm probably going to be selling off all the mods that I have on the 84 so I can finish my 87. I'd like to sell the headers, crossover and downpipe. Ta-33 and spearco. The passenger side header is the most restrictive on a hot air car. The first things that I did with advice from Lee Thompson; was get it some cold air and get rid of the exhaust. Remove the mechanical fan and add an electric one, I got a fiero fan from salvage yard and an electronic thermostat from Auto Zone. Then hot wire the fuel pump (aftermarket pump). then the chip. If money left try to get a little bigger injectors.