Where can I get a switch pitch converter for a 2004r?

turboost

I want to find one of these but don't know where to look. I heard they made them for our trannies but don't know who to go to. Thanks for any help

I've never heard of a switch-pitch for a 200-4R.

But if you stop to think about it, the OEM lock-up converter configuration is the ultimate switch-pitch.

The idea behind the original switch pitch was to provide the means of increasing stall & torque multiplication and, when the time was right, allow the converter to tighten up for less slippage, yielding increased efficiency.

A lock-up converter can be build with varying degrees of stall and when the clutch is applied, you have 100% efficiency since all slip is negated. Sweet! :cool:

Yea.... What he said.....LOL I have never seen one either, but why would you even want one? Also trans needs to have what is required for switch pitch and I know of none for our trannys.

Bruce

All the ones I have seen are for 400s but a friend of mine got one for his 2004r about 5-6 years ago when he had his GN. He said he hasn't seen anymore for the 2004r since then though...just checking...