Where are these wires coming from?

RKUBICA

These wires came this way & it's quicker to ask someone here than pouring over electr. Diagrams. They're on the pass side and I believe the one with the plug could be antenna lead.

Can't help myself. Have to jerk your chain. Again, need a pic. Your Gary Larsen comic seems very appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't help myself. Have to jerk your chain. Again, need a pic. Your Gary Larsen comic seems very appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about that "glitch" guys it was late in my defense
image.jpg

I think the brown ended one is from the boost gauge if you have a digital dash.I'm sure one of the other members will chime in an correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Trying to help but my info might further confuse. My car with regular dash and power antenna has a three wire connection to the power antenna colored green, gray and white to a "nonweatherpack" connector. Three wires run to the boost gauge sending unit in a weatherpack connector with the wires colored black, lighter green and gray. I have no brown connector as shown in your picture.

The wires have been like that since I purchased the car . Car has VDO boost gauge but I'm thinking since the car is an X that wiring might be specific to that car. Any GNX owners or maybe X Ray might be able to share their insights.

Brown connector is for the HI LO boost lights if so equipped, otherwise not connected to anything inside the car. The other wires - one green - is for the 2 bar MAP sensor that made the tach/boost dash gauge read BOOST.

Your dash indicator probably doesn't work because the connector is missing.

Brown connector is for the HI LO boost lights if so equipped, otherwise not connected to anything inside the car. The other wires - one green - is for the 2 bar MAP sensor that made the tach/boost dash gauge read BOOST.

Last edited: