When will it all stop??

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
At about 7:00 pm me and my dad finished the car. He decided to take it out for a test drive to see how everything sounded and what not. After sitting around waiting for him to come back, I realized something wasnt right and he had been gone a little too long. So a friend that was with us left to go see if he could find him. Unfortunately, my dad was found laying on the side of a road with blood all over him and his car totalled. As far as everyone knows, he lost control of the car and it flipped twice driving through a fence. The car landed on the roof during one of the flips and a chain link fence post came through the roof and and literally went right through his upper left chest just missing his heart. As of now, he is in the hospital with cuts a bruises (with the exception of a hole through his chest) and is expected to pull through. I will let you know when I find out more. Your thoughts and prayers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

This is a 9 second car?? Thank God he wasn't killed and that you guys found him right away. My prayers are with you and your family.

Oh my God that is terrible!!!!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad and the rest of your family!

:(

Geeze Tony,your Dad Rich is a great guy.I was on the phone with you guys just last week and you were more than helpful.
Now this happens.
Here's hoping this is the last of your problems.
Goodluck.:)

It was actually an 8 second car before the accident. :) Luckily, the car went out of control after launching so he wasn't going that fast. Also, he landed across the street from some homes and the people that lived there helped out a lot by applying pressure to his wound while they were waiting for an ambulance. Most importantly, my dad is in good spirit (or so he's trying to make everyone believe). Thanks for your support guys.

sorry to hear about that, hope he pulls through ok.:( i dont want to be grim or any thing but do you all have any pictures of the wreck?

Actually...no one took and pictures at the site of the crash, but the car is in our shop. When they wanted to tow it to the junk yard, our friend that was there got a tow truck to take it back to our shop for us. So we'll take some pictures of the damage and get 'em scanned.

Sorry to hear that.I hope your dad has a speedy recovery.You guys seem like very nice people and I hope your luck changes. ;)

Sorry to hear that, its awful. We will include your family in our prayers.

Scott

i can't believe how much your family has endured in the last few monthes, when i read what had happened to your father, i jsut stared at the screen, imagining if i had pulled up on my father after he had been thrown from a car, and while i will never know how that must of felt, my eyes teared up just thinking about it, my prayers are with your father, and your family, let him know that we are thinking about him.
Grant

Tony give me a call let me know what his visiting time is I would like to see him.

Jesse :(

All i can say is this has to be the last of your bad luck and my heart goes out to you and your family.. The good news is you still have your dad to enjoy... After reading this i think i will call my dad just to say i love him:) You never know when life can come to a end:( My friend Terry Ryan told me once that he had a talk on the phone with Brian Burnside just before he rolled his S2 car. He told him that he should think about keeping a helmet in the car for street testing. Just slip it on before a data log because you never know what can happen. Good thing your dad didnt bang his head on the roll bar if you have one witch im sure you do...

I'll pray for your family.
Any thing I can do for the family?

X-Rays or care just let me know, Free care if he wants it.
Dr. Russell

that is awful man sorry u know God does things we cant understand sometimes and we wonder why but i know he has a purpose and plan for ever one and hopefully he has a speedy recovery. you got lots of people praying for you guy and pray is a very powerful weapon. My prayers are with you and your family. God bless:(

Thanks guys........If you read this same thread in the Lounge, you'll find a recent update on my dads conditon