When will it all stop??

All i can say is this has to be the last of your bad luck and my heart goes out to you and your family.. The good news is you still have your dad to enjoy... After reading this i think i will call my dad just to say i love him:) You never know when life can come to a end:( My friend Terry Ryan told me once that he had a talk on the phone with Brian Burnside just before he rolled his S2 car. He told him that he should think about keeping a helmet in the car for street testing. Just slip it on before a data log because you never know what can happen. Good thing your dad didnt bang his head on the roll bar if you have one witch im sure you do...

Tony, I'm so sorry for this mishap. Bruce is right, you guys have had more than your share this year. I'm sure all will be praying for him and his complete recovery. He will be included in my study groups prayer as well. Give him our sincere best wishes and a speedy recovery.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mark

Sorry, its been so long without an update. With everything being so hectic and the board being down for a while, it was hard to find time to post.

Well, as far as the accident goes. We still don't know 100% for sure what really happened. My dad doesn't remember anything, and the lady across the street only saw when the car came to a stop. All she saw was him get out of the car and pull a fence pole from out of his chest and throw it at the car. But as it looks on the car, with the top of windshield, where it meets the roof is crushed onto the rollcage, and theres concrete all up the top of the car. As for my dads condition, the surgery on Monday was successful for as far as we know now. The hole was much bigger than I thought, being about 7" long, 4" wide, and about 3" deep. They had to stretch the remaining muscle, and fill in what they can. He also had 3" of his collarbone torn out, so that arm will pretty much remain useless for about 2 months until they bring him back in to fix the bone. Throughout this whole thing, he's still tried to be in good spirits despite the immense amount of pain he's still in. He's been on morphine the whole time, and he makes jokes that "he's going to Hawaii right now".....just like my dad, making jokes when everyone else is worried. He also had everyone laughing when he said "you think this is bad, wait til I put TWIN turbos on it". He's most likely gonna sell the car and he wants to buy a big boat and go fishing, my mom thought it was a good idea til he said he was gonna put a turbo on the boat:D

But anyway, besides the hole in his chest, he got away with just some cuts and bruises and a pretty severe broken nose, that had the bone sticking out of his nostril, all thats fixed and he's on his way to recovery. His only worry now is about that shop, but we have to make him forget about that, as all he can worry about now is recovery. I just wanna thank everyone for the support and prayers through this tough time, I just hope this doesn't become a regular thing:D If wanted, I'll keep updated along the way. Thanks again guys

I haven't had a chance to visit the board in a while, really miss it. I hate it when I hear about good people getting hurt relating to the sport. Glad to hear your dad & others are in good spirits with all this going on. There isn't much good in concentrating on the negatives, which I can say from experience. Seems like he is taking it in stride & looking at the good side (still alive & going to walk to talk about it). It definitely gives you a different outlook on life after a close one like that. Too many people have been too close to disaster & death this year, sounds like we need a restictor plate rule :) Thank God he is going to be OK & hope he has a quick recovery. Maybe look into a Honda & a pontoon boat.... then again, once your hooked....

dang Tony that suxs so bad. i cant believe what luck you guys been having what with the shop and now this. i wish him a speedy recovery.

:(

DAMN - I just got back from a week in Ohio. Hope you dad has a speedy recovery. Tell your dad water is also hard at over 100 mph. I used to race drag hydros and in our younger days we would water ski behind them at close to 100. OUCh if you fall. Bounce, bounce, bounce.

Terry

i don't know you or your father personally, but my heart best wishes and prayers go out to you , him and your whole family..that is a horrible thing when you get that funnie feelin' somethin' ain't right and it turns out to be true.....couldn't even want to imagine if that was my father....thank god he's pulling through....and gonna make it...hope he recovers soon...i had a incident happen to me two years ago when i was on my gsxr 1k and was introduced to a telephone pole at 80 mph...if i has slide anymore to the left i would not be here right now....makes you think about and appriciate people and things more and differently...my leg is still messed up....well sorry for the story.....good luck with everything.........sincerely, JOEL BERNOZZI