When the stock trans goes boom! ???

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
Ok, looking for some opioions or self experiences here. Ok, for you guys that have had a stock trans give up, at what ET or whp was it that it broke?

April 12th is dyno day and I will have a better idea of the whp then. I was just getting concerned, because we just added the dbb 6776 and FMIC (mods in sig -- still stock unopened with valve springs only). The lowest psi I can run is 14 to 15 psi so that is what it is set at currently to try to help the trans last, hopfully till the nats.

For what it is worth this car is launched at 0 psi and has had an easy life so far (not too many hard launches with factory turbo/ic setup).

what do you guys think ?:confused:

thanks,

Brad

Both of my stock trannies in my cars started slipping in third gear WOT at about 350RWHP, low 13's high 12's, at about 100K miles.

Around 20 psi. in boost on pump and alky.

No booms at all from the tranny, just slipping and loss of mph. :confused:

You probably won't break too much until mid 11's, then again some have broke some parts at slower speeds.

How many miles are on it?

Both of my stock trannies in my cars started slipping in third gear WOT at about 350RWHP, low 13's high 12's, at about 100K miles.

Around 20 psi. in boost on pump and alky.

No booms at all from the tranny, just slipping and loss of mph. :confused:

You probably won't break too much until mid 11's, then again some have broke some parts at slower speeds.

How many miles are on it?

91k now. We have never launched the car over 0 psi and dont intent to with stock trans. It dynoed 310whp with stock turbo/IC and was ok, but not sure how it will like the new found power of the dbb 6776. :cool:

Why dont you throw a recalibration kit on there so you dont have to find out earlier than you need to how much it can take? It is easy to install and well worth it. The stock calibration is just for that. A stock car. It leaves a lot to be desired in a stocker too.