When selling an item, AND you decide to ship it...

To me it's not the little damage during shipping (should be insured) to an item that brings the worst in me :mad: ... It's the deceiving practices & the smartass attitude of a non honest seller. The seal he sold me had a little torn (not a biggie in my book) but his unwillingness to send me pics though swearing his ass off on it being never opened, then recieveing an opened item is what pisses me off ! If I would've seen pics of it opened I wouldn't have bought it !!!! I bet the other member wouldn't have bought that intercooler either if he had seen pics of both sides prior to purchase. Just my $0.02
Ummm I wasn't refering to your item. I was refering to the I/C & Pipes that were lightly bent.

Scot W.

ironic side "story"...............READ THIS!!!!!!

"a leopord doesnt change its spots"
This post is ironic for me, because i had this clown
"gn4u2c" also known as ......"burnrubber1987" on gnttype.org
harass me on a thread that arouse about a car i have for sale.
He posted a pile of crap, all lies about a "friend who looked at the car" and made some accusations about the roof, or something, in order to either make a car he had for sale more desirable......or........to contact me the next night on gnttype. org with this private message under "burnrubber1987".........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Quote=
Hi,
Have you driven the car long enough to "shake it down" meaning no problems have been creeping up on you ?? I am looking for a reliable weekend driver as I live in east jesus and its 30 mins to anywhere so I just don't want to be stranded with it.

If it runs out good I would like to make you a very serious cash offer and make arrangement to get the car. I called the motor vehicles and they gave me a list of what I need to do to put a salvage on the road its a bit of a pain but that ok.

How does $5,000 cash sound ?? I would pay more if it were not for me having to travel several hours to get to you and the salvage process.

Thanks much will check back for anwser.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
.....so, i notice the "username" had been created a little while before that the same day, find an e-mail adress , google the email adress it comes back to the Jason Delozier clown.....same bigmouth that was messing with me on issues with the car....AH HAH! (google the email associated with the username, it comes back to him!!!) I found a cell and what i thought might be a home number, gave both a ring.....wifey picked up.....gave to phone to him.....and i introduced myself.......BUT....i didnt say whether i was trying to get ahold of "BAD COP OR GOOD COP" ....OR "JEYKLL OR HYDE" so to listen to the stammering and confusion and excuses and explanations and b.s could only be appreciated if i taped the conversation.......
Point of the story.......personality number 1----small dick, big mouth.
......personality number 2-----empty offer, cant put money where mouth is. "childish game.......like what he mentioned before"!!!!!!!!!

I have come to call this somewhat common behavior "Clicking and Whacking"
the guys who hide behind the keyboard and get their jollies.....but not face to face....eye to eye....or in a phone call....like a man could.
This was a few months ago, early november, but i just had to share my personal encounter. For the most part, a bunch of stand up, easy to talk to, "men" on this site, im glad to have chatted with of few.
Bedtime, lol

WOW! All this hype, anger over this little damage?

Some people out there personally look for any reason to get insurance money! They recive the insurance money then turn right around and fix the Minor damage! :rolleyes:

That damage to that stuff isn't bad at all and can be fixed VERY easy.
For one the pipe dent will be covered by the hose!
The mounting tab on the I/C will Easily bend back!
The small dent on the I/C can also be fixed. All repairs could be done in minutes!

What needs to happen is ALL shipping companys should demand that before a claim is awarded they must have the item personally. If the item is deamed "junk" "non repairable" then they Keep the item and award the insurance amount. Maybe we will see alot less people filling claims.

I have been selling stuff for a long time and Me or any of my buyers are yet to file an insurance claim!!! Yes thats right, Been selling & buying for YEARS with no problems from USPS, UPS.... Now watch, it will happen..lol knock on wood!! :)

I pacage stuff as "Over kill" and it seems to be working. ;)

First off, don't go accusing me of trying to take the insurance money to perform the simple repairs and keep the setup. You ain't got a clue what you are talking about. I've been doing this with 10 plus years and the only times I have had bad transactions is on this board. So don't go talking like I do this to anyone else.

Secondly, are you seriously kidding about the hoses covering the pipes? how about the hoses blowing off the pipes under boost. Do you have any square hose clamps? I didnt think so. Yes the bracket can probably be bent back, but guess what, the crack in it needs to be welded as well.

Lastly, if they are such small repairs, then perhaps you can point to someone in my area who will fix/reshape these for free, because if I have to pay for it, then I lose money. And if I pay for it, I expect to get reimbursed for it. The s*** was damaged in shipping. It should have had insurance on it. The idiot didn't do that. It's almost like hes saying its my fault? I didn't pack it and I didn't deliver it, so how is the seller that naive to blame me.

I'd never do this to anyone on this board, however now I will. You've just lowered my standards.:D

First off, don't go accusing me of trying to take the insurance money to perform the simple repairs and keep the setup. You ain't got a clue what you are talking about. I've been doing this with 10 plus years and the only times I have had bad transactions is on this board. So don't go talking like I do this to anyone else.

Secondly, are you seriously kidding about the hoses covering the pipes? how about the hoses blowing off the pipes under boost. Do you have any square hose clamps? I didnt think so. Yes the bracket can probably be bent back, but guess what, the crack in it needs to be welded as well.

Lastly, if they are such small repairs, then perhaps you can point to someone in my area who will fix/reshape these for free, because if I have to pay for it, then I lose money. And if I pay for it, I expect to get reimbursed for it. The s*** was damaged in shipping. It should have had insurance on it. The idiot didn't do that. It's almost like hes saying its my fault? I didn't pack it and I didn't deliver it, so how is the seller that naive to blame me.

I'd never do this to anyone on this board, however now I will. You've just lowered my standards.:D
Well truthfully there IS ALOT of people out there that will pocket the insurance money then fix the small repairs!!! With that truth said, It doesn't mean it was directly aimed at you!!

Nope, Not kidding one bit about them covering the pipes!! That can be fixed in probably 2 minutes tops and no hose would come off. Square hose clamps is a little drastic don't you think?

If I was close to you I would be more than happy to fix that for you for free.

1) Take the pipe to a muffler shop and they will most likely stick that end on there flange machine and expand that out for FREE.
2) Stand the I/C up, Take a piece of flat stock on that dent, take that flat stock and a hammer and pound it back as close as possible.
3) The bent mount flange- heat it up a bit and bend it back. It's got three other solid mounts on it that will carry 95% of the load. It's not like it's going anywhere.

I'M WITH YOU 100%, I know it should have had insurance on it, But it didn't.

Again this minor damage was all from shipping or you dropped the intercooler on that jack in the pic, looks exactly like thats what made the ding but whatever.

I know of people who had probles with you also like the missing /wrong parts on the bushing tool you sold so dont come at me all crazy.

All the while trying to send me back your parts and sell me 200.00 extra for your pipes and keep mine .... Something just does not seem right here.

I have an idea I will run by you. Obviously I am pissed off about the pipes being dented because the pipes were the main objective of the purchase. Your intercooler had a dent in the top in which it didnt matter anyways because I was going to keep my intercooler and sell this one with my old pipes. If you wanted, (and it would probably help the sale of your fmic kit better), I could ship you back your intercooler with MY pipes. The pipe from the turbo to intercooler has a dent in the bottom when it hit a curb

Far as I know that may not even be my intercooler you took pics of..... seems crazy to buy the same intercooler you already have unless your up to something... you need to see this from my end too.. It just seems very shady.

joe_schindler read through the dam thread you sold the items right away that you got from me super cheep to make money. I could not have refunded you anyway as you sold the parts right away.

1BADTT that package was not cut like that ! you, the post office,or someone else opened it. Again not saying it was you and I would understand being upset but not flipping out. I see the GM box that it was sent in, the package looked just like the one in top pic. Notice If it was my falt I always offer up a refund. If not.I don't. If you never installed it I would gladly take it back for the same price you paid for it.

I have 1000's of positve transactions between the syty/dsm world never ever 1 bad feedback EVER ! Its only here ... people want new **** for free shipped and installed along with a free car wash ,Then they will bitch that there is water spots on there car. Silly Just plain Silly .... Silly.. Silly.

Scott,When it arrives you will get your refund. However you are not welcome to purchase anything I am offering for sale unless you arrive in person to see it, touch it, whatever. Your just way to picky to buy anything used so stop trying and buy new stuff from now on, save yourself alot of time. I will make this my rule for anything offered up here from now on in person sale only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn4u2c
Lately it seems more like ever one looking out for #1, bitching and moaning about the smallest of things. I bought a xyz that was suppose to be mint and it got a scratch in it. Now f-the guy I got it from, f-ups, f-this car,

I got that from my experience and reading through the lounge and feedback sections. like the people who bitch about high priced shipping 10.00 to send a part WTF then they see the postage on the box from the post office, and say it was still to high it cost 8.95 flate rate + the delivery confirmation of 50.cent and the $1.25 insurance so really it cost 10.70 so they got it cheeper than what was charged. (not my transaction) but again its just f-ing silly.

joe_schindler read through the dam (sic) thread you sold the items right away that you got from me super cheep (sic) to make money. I could not have refunded you anyway as you sold the parts right away.

That would be the DAMN thread. Yes; I re-sold; but I didn't make any money on the deal; and only after I had eMailed and PM'ed you several times and got NO response.

Don't blame me for moving on with out waiting six months for your permission. If you're so upset with this board; don’t whine about it; find a way to make it a better place.

Scott,When it arrives you will get your refund. However you are not welcome to purchase anything I am offering for sale unless you arrive in person to see it, touch it, whatever. Your just way to picky to buy anything used so stop trying and buy new stuff from now on, save yourself alot of time. I will make this my rule for anything offered up here from now on in person sale only.

You think I actually would?:rolleyes: How about instead of an in person sale, you just buy insurance. This would have been avoided. Just so you know, I sent the intercooler and pipes back to you in a box twice as wide as the one you sent, AND provided 700 in insurance, and it only cost me $50 to ($41 without insurance) ship. No way you would have gotten that with the two separate boxes.

Truly can't believe the dent from my jack comment. You clearly know you sent it to me with that dent.

Anyhow, let me know when you get it, send the refund, and we can both wipe our hands clean from this and I will eat up the 50 dollar loss.

Well truthfully there IS ALOT of people out there that will pocket the insurance money then fix the small repairs!!! With that truth said, It doesn't mean it was directly aimed at you!!

Just an FYI, it would be the seller who would make out like a bandit, because they pick the item up and inspect the damage and then refund the money. Fedex picks it up, I have yet to see UPS let you keep it, but I know it has happened.

By the way, looks like you have a solution to all my damage. But you forgot to mention how to fix the crack in the bracket.

Not sure if I wanna get one of your LED taillight kits anymore.:biggrin:

Best way is like the dsm world. You list a item for sale you must post your city / state in the listing (not street #) so people have a idea where you are for pickup in person or shipping calculations.
Then every for sale item must include a picture of the actual item along with a piece of paper with the sellers user id on the forum and the date in easy to read marker so everyone knows its a current pic and real item. Then the person who buys the item (weather decided in thread or PM) just makes a post like. Agreed to purchase pipe payment sent via paypal 128.00 1/17/09 9.30 pm Then the seller responds with the shipping info. in the tread. Sent ups 11.00 am 1/18/09 check Pm for tracking #

so it would look like

title - FS: catonsville Md 1 foot of 3 inch od SS pipe.

Message - 1 foot of 3 inch od Polished SS pipe never used, Scratch about 4 inches long in center. as is $15.00 shipped + $1.50 for insurance
A picture of the said item along with a piece of paper next to it "bob87_T 01/17/09"
maybe a close up of scratch and your done.

Reply - I will take it ! do you take paypal ?

then - Yes I do xyz@aol.com

Reply - Payment sent 16.50 (insurance included) 01/17/09 9.30 pm

Then - shipped out ups 01/18/09 11 am Pm-ed you tracking #

Reply - Got it 01/19/09 Thanks

The end.

Best way is like the dsm world. You list a item for sale you must post your city / state in the listing (not street #) so people have a idea where you are for pickup in person or shipping calculations.
Then every for sale item must include a picture of the actual item along with a piece of paper with the sellers user id on the forum and the date in easy to read marker so everyone knows its a current pic and real item. Then the person who buys the item (weather decided in thread or PM) just makes a post like. Agreed to purchase pipe payment sent via paypal 128.00 1/17/09 9.30 pm Then the seller responds with the shipping info. in the tread. Sent ups 11.00 am 1/18/09 check Pm for tracking #

so it would look like

title - FS: catonsville Md 1 foot of 3 inch od SS pipe.

Message - 1 foot of 3 inch od Polished SS pipe never used, Scratch about 4 inches long in center. as is $15.00 shipped + $1.50 for insurance
A picture of the said item along with a piece of paper next to it "bob87_T 01/17/09"
maybe a close up of scratch and your done.

Reply - I will take it ! do you take paypal ?

then - Yes I do xyz@aol.com

Reply - Payment sent 16.50 (insurance included) 01/17/09 9.30 pm

Then - shipped out ups 01/18/09 11 am Pm-ed you tracking #

Reply - Got it 01/19/09 Thanks

The end.

Except for:

"yeah I rarely check old posts. I just figured it was sold and the tracking shows delivered so your good to go."

I bought a champion iac relocation piece . It came from canada and by the time it got here,the original package was sliced up from a razor blade or box cutter . Like the mounties were searching for contraband or something. I was just lucky it was a piece of aluminum.